The mini table tennis table is great for any home, office, or dorm room. In order to buy a mini ping pong table, you should not be too careful and have high requirements like a table tennis table for practice. You need a simple one for playing. The factors we care about when buying tables are: size, durability, bounce, and size when folded.
Best Mini Ping Pong Tables: Detail Analysis
1. Butterfly Junior Ping Pong Table
- FOLDABLE PING PONG TABLE - 3/4 size of a regulation table tennis table - 81” L x 45” W x 30" H
- NO ASSEMBLY & NET INCLUDED: Ships fully assembled with a free net set
- EASY TO PLAY - Slightly larger than a mid size table making it easier to keep the ball in play
- PORTABLE TABLE TENNIS TABLE - Each half weighs 35 lbs, folds, and contains 2 wheels on the inside.
- GAME TABLES - This table can also be used for other functions, such as card games
Specifically, the Butterfly Junior Folding Ping Pong Table is 81 inches long x 45 inches wide x 30 inches high – close to three-fourths of a full-size table.
Consider the rule of thumb, you had better spend an open space of 140×90 inches to move back and forth during the game quickly.
Similar to other mini ping pong tables, the Butterfly requires almost no assemble with tools due to the pre-assembled construction and foldable legs.
Regarding storage, you can simply disassemble two halves and transport/store them separately. Each is 35 lbs heavy and 5 inches wide. Two wheels attached to the sides of the tabletop even make the transportation much more manageable.
Speaking of the legs, some complaint that they look a bit flimsy. The legs turn out to be surprisingly strong. And although there are no wheels on the legs, they come with two rubber levers on each leg to prevent the rough contact of the table to the floor or rugs.
The net, which is as high as that of a regular ping pong table, is also a nice touch of the Butterfly Junior. That net is easily clipped onto the ping pong table top by using the post set coming along in the package. Also, it lasts longer than we expected at this price range.
As we mentioned to you earlier, the blue and green colors are most popular when it comes to ping pong tables. Fortunately, the Butterfly Junior Ping Pong Table comes with both for you to choose flexibly.
What we like: Great experience
It is the only ping pong table on my list that is 3/4 the size of a standard ping pong table.
The other ping pong tables on the list are smaller. Some people like to play ping pong with a table that is 3/4 size. They like it because they still feel like they’re playing on a standard table tennis table.
One more thing that is good about Butterfly Junior Ping Pong Table is that it has a tabletop made of MDF. This material is used for practice table tennis tables, so they can guarantee the standard of bounce.
This mini ping pong table is the best overall. It gives a great experience. It’s not the lightest, it weighs about 35 lbs. So it’s a good choice if you keep it in an entertainment area of the house or in the office
2. JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels.
- MULTIPLE USE TABLES: Multi-purpose table halves are great for entertaining when not in play. Perfect for crafts, playing poker, boardgames or any other casino table game. Great table tennis equipment for kids and adults.
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP & COMPACT STORAGE: Midsize Table Tennis Table comes 100% preassembled. The 2 separate halves features legs which easily fold underneath like a card table. Easily stored in closets or under the bed. Storage dimensions: 36" x 36"
- REGULATION QUALITY: Standard table tennis table height with a smaller surface space perfect for compact areas like apartments, kid rooms, basements or dorm rooms. Feels like you're playing on a regulation-sized ping pong table at 2/3 the size.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: JOOLA listens and learns from your feedback to create top of the line quality table tennis equipment for kids & adults. If you're not 100% satisfied or have product suggestions our customer service team is available to help.
The table is as high as a regulation table, yet other sizes are two-thirds, which is 72 inches large x 36 inches wide x 30 inches high. Accordingly, it is recommended to leave a clear 5ft space – about 60 inches on each side of the table. Thus, you need at least an area of 130 inches long x 90 inches wide to expand the JOOLA Midsize table and start playing. Besides, you can even use this mini table tennis table to play some family board games like poker or crafts.
Believe us, both assemble and disassemble are hassle-free. The table comes almost ready-to-use straight from the box at compact dimensions of 36 inches x 36 inches. All you need is to unfold the two legs underneath, put on the clamps to the two tops, and set up the net.
Similarly, when not in use, the JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table is foldable in a few inches, making it easier to store in a closet or under your bed. The overall weight is only 62 lbs, meaning you can handle the table all by yourself.
About the legs, please note that they are unremovable and also without wheels, but rest assured that the table is quite lightweight and compact to move around. Moreover, you should not use this Joola Midsize table outdoor because the legs are reported to be easily rusted.
What we like: Flexibility
The other thing I really like about this small ping pong table is that there are horizontal legs on each half of the table. When you use half of the table to play games like playing poker, board games, or any other casino table game. It will still stay strong and firm.
JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table is not just for playing ping pong. It can also be used for other games. Flexibility is the highlighted point
3. GoSports 6’ x 3’ Midsize Table Tennis Table
- COMPLETE SET: Includes a mid-size 6 ft x 3 ft Table Tennis table with 2 paddles, game net and 4 balls
- MIDSIZE TABLE: Table surface measures 6 ft x 3 ft, large enough for competitive games, but small enough to store anywhere
- INSTANT SETUP: Folds out for play and folds up for storage in seconds and is easily carried by one person using built-in carrying handles; Perfect for game rooms, apartments, offices, or anyone who does not want to deal with a full size table
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION: heavy-duty aluminum frame keeps the table sturdy yet lightweight and the smooth playing surface gives the perfect bounce for hours of seamless rallies
Legs are the least to praise about the GoSports 6’ x 3’ Mid-Size Table. While the legs’ ends are covered with levers to avoid scratches, they are made of cheap material that easily bends halfway or even breaks. Thus, please be careful when you expand or fold the legs.
Excitingly, we find a set of accessories including a net set, 2 ping pong paddles, and some table tennis ball set to make up for the disappointment with the legs.
This set means you can start a table tennis game right away. The net is not the most durable we can find in the market, yet still elastic. However, the height of the net is only 5 inches, which is a bit lower than the regular 6-inch nets.
Another point worth mentioning is the bright red color of the tabletop. While the green or blue is more common for ping pong tables, the red of the GoSports is less easy on the eyes, though.
To sum up, GoSports provides the right balance of price and features, making it one of the leading brands in terms of small ping pong table equipment. They back up their tables with US warranty so you can ask for an exchange or support if needed.
What we like: Outdoor
Another mini ping pong table that is 2/3 the size of the standard ping pong table. The only reason I rate GoSports Midsize lower than the JOOLA Midsize is that it can’t be used half of it.
This paint is good for the outside because it won’t get ruined. If sometimes you play ping pong and don’t put the table outside, then use JOOLA Mid-size. If you often play ping pong outdoors, put the ping pong table next to the pool or in the back garden, use GoSports.
The paint should not reflect the sunlight, meaning you can play during the day. It is also waterproof and will not warp no matter what climate it is in.
4. STIGA Space Saver Compact
- Your purchase includes One STIGA Compact Table Tennis Table, net with post system and leg levelers. Rackets and balls are not included
- Table tennis table dimensions: Assembled – 70" L x 40.5" W x 30" H | Individual Half – 35.5 '' L x 40.5'' W x 30'' H | Combined Folded dimensions – 35.5” L x 40.5” W x 3.6” H | Assembled weight: 79 lbs | Thickness – 1.8”
- No assembly required – simply unpack, unfold, and play. Suggested Age: All Ages
- The MDF tabletop is finished with a repeat roller coat process to create a smooth, level-playing surface and is lined with silkscreen striping that is printed directly on the tabletop for a perfect finish. Indoor play only is recommended
- Sturdy 1.25” square welded steel legs create a solid base and are powder coated for a durable finish. Molded leg levelers protect your floors from scratches and adjust the table height to ensure a perfectly flat play surface
As the dimensions of the Stiga table are similar to Joola, it will not occupy much space in your room. An area of 130×90 inches is enough to set up the table.
The legs of this Space Saver compact table tennis table are made of sturdy steel material and protected with a powder coating. As a result, the table is stylish and durable over time. Molded levers and rubber covers are included to give off a solid base while protecting the floors or rugs from ugly scratches.
You will get the set of a 38.5-inch net and posts available. Made of nylon mesh, the net is durable and adjustable in tension and to the standard size. However, it will be better if the manufacturer improves the friction that holds the net firmly in place.
The color seems grayish blue that is easy on your eyes, and we do not recommend repainting the surface because it might affect the bouncing ability.
Like Joola, the reputation of Stiga sports equipment sells itself. This Swedish company has over-70-year experience in the industry.
What we like: Tabletop is made of MDF
In terms of size, The STIGA Space Saver Compact is smaller than the GoSport Midsize, which is 2/3 smaller than the standard ping pong table size.
In terms of flexibility, The STIGA Space Saver Compact can also use half of the table like JOOLA Midsize.
So what do I like most about the STIGA Space Saver Compact? I like that the tabletop is made from MDF. It is what most standard ping pong tables are made of. The STIGA Space Saver Compact looks like it has been chopped down from the STIGA Advantage Professional‘s tabletop and it meets all standards for a practice ping pong table, such as balance and bounce.
This mini ping pong table is heavier than most. It weighs around 79 pounds and is mostly for space that has a fixed place to put it. If you need to move or do a lot of folding, this mini ping pong table might not be for you.
5. Milliard Mini-Pong Portable Tennis Table
What we like: Folding & Weight
The last ping pong table on the list is not the best size. It is smaller than a 2/3 size ping pong table and the tabletop is not good like practicing ping pong table.
The Milliard Mini-Pong Portable Tennis Table can be used for entertainment. This mini ping pong table can use half the table like JOOLA Midsize. When it folds, it has the smallest size
The weight of this table is the lightest. Because the legs are made with cheap material and everything about it is designed for people who are always on the go without worrying about too much experience when using it.
If you often bring a ping pong table with you to picnics, this will be suitable for you.
It is hard to say which mini ping pong table is the best. Some people like a good size, some people like a good bounce, and some people like to fold and move.
There are many different mini ping pong tables on the market. I found 5 that have the most important features. So what’s most important to you?!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the size of a mini ping pong table?
2. How much does a small ping pong table cost?
Mini ping pong tables can be bought on Amazon.com for $100 – $300. The 5 ping pong tables in the article all have different prices. I hope that you now know why they are worth the price and are on the best mini ping pong table list.
3. Why is Stiga Space Saver not the best mini ping pong table?
The Stiga space saver has a good table surface. It is made of MDF, which is what use to make professionals ping pong tables. The one thing I do not like about the Stiga space saver is its size – It’s neither 3/4 nor 2/3
4. What is most important for an outdoor mini ping pong table?
The paint. The paint should not reflect the sunlight. You can play with it during the day. It is also waterproof and will not warp no matter what climate it is in. If you play ping pong outside, put the table next to the pool and use GoSports 6′ x 3′ Midsize.
5. How much space is needed to play with a mini ping pong table?
The ideal space for a ping pong table is 12 x 7.5 feet. That means that there needs to be 3 more feet on each top of the table and also 2 more feet on each side of the table.
6. Are all ping pong tables in the article portable ping pong tables?
That’s right, all of these ping pong tables can be folded away when not in use. They are smaller than the standard size and they work well for kids wanting to play ping pong or adults who want to relax sometimes.
7. What is the best folding ping pong table?
All the ping-pong tables in this article can fold. But I like how the Milliard Mini-Pong Portable folds the best. It’s the lightest, my 6-year-old can be easily folded.
8. What is a mid-size ping pong table?
A mid-size ping pong table is a ping pong table that is as high as a full-size one. This way, it feels more like practice, but you still have space to play. However, its length and width are only 2/3 or 3/4 of a standard ping pong table.
9. Are all ping pong tables in the article Mid-sized ping pong tables?
- Best Stiga Table Tennis Tables
- 5 Best Ping Pong Toppers
- Best Joola Ping Pong Tables
- 16 Best Ping Pong Tables
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.