"I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post."
Looking for the best ping pong table?
- Do you want this table tennis table to meet ITTF or USATT standards for practice indoor?
- Or do you want a stronger, more durable ping pong table for outdoor recreation?
- Or do you want a small ping pong table so you can play with your kids?
- Or do you want a versatile, compact device, you only need a ping pong table topper for pool table?
Honestly, I have many articles about the best products for each of your needs. In this article, I just summarize my top picks in those articles.
1. Joola Inside Table Tennis Table
- Dimensions: 108 x 60 x 30 inches
- Thickness: 18 mm
- The end line and sideline: 2 cm
- The centerline: 3 mm
- Net Dimensions: 183 cm long net with tension adjustment
- Weight: 199 pounds
This JOOLA product is a fine made product that has quality wood. This is not only durable, but also gives the ball a standard bounce. It should also be mentioned that the table was made according to USATT’s (United States Association of Table Tennis) requirements.
The Joola product is coated with a finish that was cured by ultraviolet light. This makes the table have a smooth touch. The finish also helps prevent glare in the middle of a match.
The lines on the table were printed with a top technology. The lines are smooth to the touch because of this.
The table has legs that are steel and coated with a powder finish. The legs are 1.5 inches wide and the coating is even more durable because it is a premium powder finish.
The rubber leg levelers can protect your floor from scratches and it can also let you change the height of the table. You get to do this because each half of the folding table has 4 wheels that move in different ways: when they are together or when they are apart.
The caster wheels on these tables are three inches high. This way, the table can glide smoothly across any type of ground. Each table half features to four wheels so that users manage to move in two ways: as a whole or when it is separated.
The locks on the table make it more stable when you play. They also prevent the table from moving when it is stored.
Ease of assembly:
Joola Inside Table Tennis Table is 95% pre-assembled. If you buy this table, it will take about 15 minutes to set it up. There are 8 bolts included in the package that you can use to put the two halves together. The net and post sets can be installed easily. You tighten them by hand with a clamp.
Buy it on Amazon.com
2. Stiga XTR Series
- Built to withstand harsh environmental conditions.
- Sturdy and durable frame
- Quick and Easy to setup (approx 3 mins)
- Convenient for storing away
This table is for outside use. It is 108 inches long, 60 inches wide, and 30 inches high in the full position and when you want to playback, you can fold up one side so that it is 66 x 60 x 64 inches. This model has the exact required size from the ITTF handbook, so you won’t find any trouble practicing.
What I recommend this ping pong table can be used outdoors
- Material: STIGA chooses aluminum as the material for the tabletop. It resists harsh weather conditions such as dust, heat, wetness and is more durable than any type of treated wood. The ball bounces on aluminum well too and it doesn’t warp over time like some types of wood do.
- Paint job: Most Stiga outdoor ping pong tables have a beautiful blue color. They can sometimes be too bright and give off glare under the sun, but this is small problem which you can fix with an outdoor shading solution. The paint won’t wear out because of weather conditions, and the markings are permanent and will never fade away no matter what happens
- Legs and Levels: Each leg has a lock to make sure that it does not move during play, since this could be dangerous if the table was not locked in place.
- Folding: The table folds up into two halves separately for more accessible storage and mobility when not being used
3. Butterfly Junior Ping Pong Table
- Dimensions: 81 x 45 x 30
- Folding size: 36 x 41 x 3.6
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Colour: Blue or Green
- Materials: Steel frame & MDF tabletop
- Warranty: 3 years
- Dimension: This table is 81 inches long x 45 inches wide x 30 inches high. It is close to three-fourths of a full-sized table. You can move back and forth during the game easily because you have an open space of 140×90 inches.
- Folding: The Butterfly requires almost no assemble with tools due to the pre-assembled construction and foldable legs.
- Regarding storage: You can disassemble it and store it. Each is heavy (35 lbs) and 5 inches wide. The wheels make carrying the table more manageable.
- Table legs: Some people think that they legs are flimsy. But the legs are strong and they have rubber levers to stop the floors or rugs from being scratched by the table.
- The net: The net for the Butterfly Junior is as high as on a standard ping pong table. You can clip it to the top of a ping pong table using the posts that come with it.
- Color: The most popular colors for ping pong tables are blue and green. The Butterfly Junior Ping Pong Table comes with both colors so you have choices flexibly
4. JOOLA Regulation
- Standard dimension.
- Net and post sets are included.
- Foam pads help protect your table surface.
- Dimension: The JOOLA table has a size of 9 feet long and 5 feet wide. This is a regulated size for ping pong table
- Surface: This ping pong table tops is made of MDF wood. It has a thickness of 5/8″ (15mm) and it is high-quality. This means that the bounce will be good, and it will last a long time.
- Pads: You can place this ping pong table topper on the pool table or air hockey table, as long as they are 2.5 feet tall. You’re worried that JOOLA table tennis top will ruin your billiard table? Don’t worry! The product is designed with ten pads to avoid scratching the surface.
- Weight: The biggest drawback to this product is its weight. It weighs about 115 lbs, so you will need to make a lot of effort to move it. But the assembly is easy because it can be divided into two equal parts with dimensions of 4.5 x 5 ft and then installed in just few minutes.
- Net: This is a good thing because it comes with the net and post. Right away, you can use it without paying for anything else.
Last but not least, JOOLA is a long-established brand in the US and has a good reputation in the sports equipment industry. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about the product quality of this brand.
In general, if we skip the weight cons then this is a high-quality product at a low price!
Buy it on Amazon.com
5. Butterfly Space Saver 22
Needless to say, the Butterfly Space Saver 22 approved Table Tennis Table for Tournaments by ITTF needs to have all of the standard dimensions, surface, and material.
The reason I choose the Butterfly Space Saver is because they offer a 5-year warranty. They believe in their products so much, they are willing to give it a long warranty.
Do you want to play ping pong at tournaments? Or do you just want to practice? If you want to practice, Joola Inside Table Tennis Table is a great choice. The price of more than $1000 might be too expensive.Buy it on Amazon.com
I still don’t know what you want from the best ping pong table. Consider your needs: practice, outdoor play, fun with the kids or a flexible ping pong tabletop.
You can choose one that you need. Happy shopping!