In this “Stiga XTR vs Joola Nova” article, I am trying to make a comparison to help you choose the right one.
I prefer the Stiga XTR over the Joola Nova DX when comparing the two. I recommend the Stiga XTR as it has a better tabletop and better and more stable legs and frame. Based on user feedback, Stiga is also a longer-lasting table than Joola Nova.
Joola Nova, as a runner-up, also has many appealing features to be a good all-weather table.
Stiga XTR vs Joola Nova: Comparison Chart
Stiga XTR vs Joola Nova: Differences
The final winner: Stiga XTR (2-0)
Stiga XTR offers a better tabletop for better bouncy performance and sturdier legs.
Tabletop and Bouncy
The Winner: Stiga XTR
Both Stiga XTR and Joola Nova have 6mm weather-resistant tabletop thickness. If you are a beginner, maybe you will feel strange and ask why these tabletops are so thin.
Tabletop thickness was typically known to be between 15mm and 25mm, but it is for indoor tables. Since outdoor tables usually have different materials, they don’t need to be as thick, about 5 – 7 mm.
Therefore, the 6mm tabletop of Stiga XTR and Joola Nova are enough to able to give a good bounce and speed of play for casual games.
They have the same thickness, but the material is slightly different, thereby bringing a different bounce level. The quality of the bounce on Joola Nova, for me, is just OK, noticeably lower than on most indoor tables. When it comes to Stiga XTR, the balls bounce perfectly and the spin is transferred from the racquet to the table with great accuracy. Even a very experienced tennis player like me was not able to tell the difference between this table and an indoor (wooden) table.
Legs and undercarriage
The Winner: Stiga XTR
Another feature that I think Stiga XTR beat Joola Nova is the size of the legs. Is it important? Of course, the legs size is very important in making the table sturdy. Stiga XTR comes with 1.25″ square steel legs while Joola Nova has 1.2” steel legs.
As you can see, both two tables are heavy, so the bigger legs of the XTR are stronger to carry the table. In the long term, I can expect Stigabe to be a long-lasting table than Joola Nova.
Joola Nova weighs 144 pounds, lighter than Stiga XTR that weighs 180 pounds. We cannot, however, decide which is better since both have benefits and downsides.
The lightweight design of Joola makes it easy to assemble and maneuver, so you will not have to exert much effort.
It is also the trade-off of the Stiga XTR’s heavy design. With an extra almost 40 pounds on Stiga XTR, we get the 1.25-inch legs that create an extremely durable frame. The general consensus is that Stiga XTR is more durable, which is important for outdoor tables.
At the end, which tables win is up to you.
Stiga XTR vs Joola Nova: Similarities
Easy to assemble
At first, I thought it would be a challenging job because the box is heavy. However, after unpacking it and taking the individual components out, the process of setting it up is pretty straightforward with only one person. I assembled this myself, and it took about 15 minutes.
Assembling the table was a piece of cake. As they said “It is 95% pre-assembled” so the assembly just required attaching the wheels and then attaching the net which holds the two halves of the table together. I used wrenches to complete the process quicker and properly.
Both Stiga XTR and Joola Nova are designed to play outdoors. Therefore, they have features to withstand all elements of weather.
They have a robust and rust-proof undercarriage so that they will not rust and warp after a few months. The net and post set is also weatherproof. So you will not need to remove the net after each match. If your table is not in use, we still highly recommend buying a table cover and storing the tables under a covered area.
Independent Halves and Playback
Both Stiga XTR and Joola Nova can be separated into two halves. With four wheels on each half, they are more flexible and maneuverable. They can be used individually and for multi-use.
I usually use playback mode when I don’t have a partner or when I want to warm up before the match. To switch to this mode, put one half vertical and one horizontal.
The whole table is large and bulky so moving it could be a hassle. Thankfully, separating makes it become an easy task. We can move each half smoothly with four included wheels.
Stiga XTR and Stiga Nova include some safety features to ensure your safety during play or storage.
Under each half has an anti-tilt locking device that automatically locks the tabletop into the upright position when the table is folded. This feature will avoid unexpected unfolding.
Another safety feature is lockable wheels. Locking the wheel will prevent the tables from moving during play.
Quick Rundown of Stiga XTR
- PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY OUTDOOR PATIO SET - Durable outdoor table tennis table perfect for the patio or garage
- BUILT TO LAST - Specifically designed and manufactured to withstand the elements.
- ALL-WEATHER PERFORMANCE - Aluminum composite top offers great playability with all-weather performance
- QUICKPLAY DESIGN - 10-minute QuickPlay design comes 95% preassembled out of the box for quick and easy setup
- SIMPLE STORAGE - Effortlessly folds into an ultra-compact storage position in seconds with self-opening legs
Quick Rundown of Joola Nova
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY OUTDOORS: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size outdoor table tennis table and net set perfect for your deck, backyard or playground. Made by the official table brand of US Open and US Nationals Championships. USATT Approved
- ALLWEATHER TABLE AND NET: Tabletop is a durable 6mm thick aluminum plastic composite surface, resistant to warping and chipping. The table sits on a 30mm x 30mm rust-resistant, powder-coated undercarriage. Comes with a matching weatherproof net set
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled. Assembly time: 15 minutes and you’re ready to play! Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade net is a classic screw clamp design for easy attachment
- STURDY/LEVEL PLAY: Table sits on heavy-duty 3-inch wheels and adjustable leveling feet make this table compatible with almost any terrain
- SEPARATE HALVES FOR PLAYBACK MODE & COMPACT STORAGE: Folding halves sit on separate 4-wheel trolley systems for mobility when alone or nested together. Utilizing the automatic anti-tilting locks, easily unfold one table half for solo playback mode
Related Articles to Stiga Xtr
- Stiga XTR Vs Joola Outdoor: Stiga XTR Is The Real Deal
- Stiga XTR vs XTR Pro: Which Is The Better Stiga XTR Version?
- Stiga Baja vs XTR: Stiga XTR Is Worth Every Penny
- Stiga Vapor vs Stiga XTR: Stiga XTR Is An Affordable All-weather Table
- Stiga XTR vs Advantage: Which Is The Best All-weather Stiga Tables For Family Games?
- Joola Nova DX Vs Stiga XTR Review: Stiga XTR Is All-weather And Budget-wise
Related Articles to Joola Nova
Stiga XTR from Stiga: https://www.stigaus.com/products/stiga-xtr-outdoor-table-tennis-table
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.