If you are considering Stiga Xtr vs Advantage for the outdoor table, I would recommend choosing Stiga XTR.
Why does Stiga XTR deserve to be the winner? It has an aluminium table top, suitable for playing in all weather. With its waterproof, rust-free, and sun-resistant features and legs and undercarriage are sturdy that make STIGA XTR is the ultimate outdoor table.
As a runner-up, Stiga Advantage also should be taken into consideration. It has many same awesome features in the winner table, like independent halves and playback mode, ease of assembly. Moreover, Its 16mm tabletop is thicker than Stiga XTR.
Stiga Xtr vs Advantage: Comparison Chart
Stiga XTR vs Advantage: Differences
I have found some differences after I have experienced and received lots of ratings from consumers. These differences have shown that Stiga XTR beat the Advantage in a 2-1 win.
1. Tabletop (Thickness and Material)
The Winner: Stiga XTR
With a price range like this, Joola Advantage has a 16mm playing surface. The table creates bounces a little slower than I expected. About the bounce, I’m no professional so, for me, it seems to bounce evenly throughout.
The tabletop’s material is wood and underneath is pressed wood. If you intend to play outdoors with this table, maybe you should only play on sunny days. It l is not suitable for playing outdoor all-weather.
The XTR tabletop’s thickness is marginally inferior to the Advantage table. It is only 6mm. You may think it will be worse than Advantage because it is thinner than the Advantage, right? In fact, it’s much better than you expected. The ball bounces perfectly from the racquet to the table, and the spin is well transmitted. I’ve played table tennis for many years and I can’t tell the difference in the bounce level between this table and a (wooden) indoor Advantage table.
Additionally, the Stiga XTR tabletop is made of waterproof aluminium, which is supposed to be more durable and not have moisture-related issues as Advantage tables may. The tabletop is supported by1.5″ steel tube apron. As a result, this table can withstand almost any climate. Although I have used the table on a few sweltering days above 90 F as well as a few rainy days, there has not been any sign of warping caused by heat or humidity.
Hence, if I were choosing a table suitable for outdoor use, I would prioritize the Stiga XTR table
2. Legs, Leg Leveler and Apron
The Winner: XTR
The legs, apron, and undercarriage play an important role in making the table sturdy.
Stiga XTR is equipped with 1.25″ square steel legs that feature 2″ adjustable leg levelers in order to ensure a level playing surface even when the floor beneath the table is uneven. For Stiga Advantage, It has 1.2” steel legs and the legs can adjust up to 1.5″.
Although the differences are insignificant, Stiga Advantage still lost against XTR in this competitive match.
3. Net and Post Set
The winner: Advantage
Stiga XTR comes with a net and post set that is attached to the table by screws. A better net set and post set should be included with this table. The net is fine, but the screws are not durable. I have noticed that the screws cushion started to wear off after only a couple of weeks using. Moreover, the screw can scratch the table.
Different from Stiga XTR, Advantage has a clamp-style net and post set. Assembly this kind of net and post to the table was easy, and removing them was also effortless.
The only thing I worry about is whether the post that clamps into the table can make the table worn out or not. Anyway, I have not encountered this problem yet.
Stiga Advantage is only weighed 115 lbs and it is slightly lighter than the Stiga XTR, which weighed 180 lbs.
Lightweight makes the Stiga Advantage easier to assemble, fold, move and store than the XTR. But, we need to know why XTR is heavier.
As I mentioned above, the XTR’s tabletop is made of aluminium. Therefore, XTR will be heavier than Advantage. However, XTR is better suited for outdoor play than Advantage.
There are some benefits and drawbacks to both options, so it’s hard to say which is the winner in this term. Choose which one depends on your needs.
Stiga XTR vs Advantage: Similarities
1. Easy to Assembly
It is 95% pre-assembled when shipped to your home, which means that you only need to finish the last 5% when it arrives. There is no need to worry if you have never come in contact with a table before, as the 10-minute QuickPlay design allows you to get the table ready in no time at all.
Putting stuff together was a breeze. To complete the process quicker and properly, I use ratcheting wrenches. My total assembly time was 10 minutes (5 minutes to unpack and 5 minutes to install the casters on the legs), then I clipped on the net and it was ready to go.
2. Independent Halves and Playback
Stiga XTR and Stiga Advantage can be completely separated into two halves. Each half has four 3″ wheels which provide more flexibility and maneuverability. We can use them individually and for multi-use.
It is possible to turn the table into a personal playback mode by folding up one half of the table and using it as a backboard for our shots. This helps practice without a partner or polish your skills before an upcoming match.
Moving is also simple in this mode. Rather than moving a large and bulky table, we move each half of it.
3. Safety Feature
Stiga XTR and Stiga Advantage both have many safety features to prevent injuries during the process of setting up the table or playing.
There are four wheels on each half of the table. The wheels can be locked in place to prevent movement during play.
The underside of each half is equipped with a spring-loaded safety latch. When the table is folded for storage, the safety latch will lock the tabletop into the upright position to prevent it from unfolding unexpectedly.
Quick Rundown of Stiga XTR
- PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY OUTDOOR PATIO SET - Durable outdoor table tennis table perfect for the patio or garage
- BUILT TO LAST - Specifically designed and manufactured to withstand the elements.
- ALL-WEATHER PERFORMANCE - Aluminum composite top offers great playability with all-weather performance
- QUICKPLAY DESIGN - 10-minute QuickPlay design comes 95% preassembled out of the box for quick and easy setup
- SIMPLE STORAGE - Effortlessly folds into an ultra-compact storage position in seconds with self-opening legs
Quick Rundown of Stiga Advantage
- Competition-ready indoor table tennis table perfect for your home or office
- 10-minute QuickPlay design comes 95% preassembled out of the box for quick and easy setup
- Effortlessly roll and transport table halves using 3” lockable casters for convenient storage and setup
- Excellent playability with 5/8”-thick table top with multiple roller coat finish and silk-screen striping
- Easily attach and remove net with tournament grade 72” clamp-style net and post set
Related Articles to Stiga Xtr
- Stiga XTR Vs Joola Outdoor: Stiga XTR Is The Real Deal
- Stiga XTR vs XTR Pro: Which Is The Better Stiga XTR Version?
- Stiga Xtr vs Joola Nova: Which All-weather Table Is Better For Enjoying With Your Family?
- Stiga Baja vs XTR: Stiga XTR Is Worth Every Penny
- Stiga Vapor vs Stiga XTR: Stiga XTR Is An Affordable All-weather Table
- Joola Nova DX Vs Stiga XTR Review: Stiga XTR Is All-weather And Budget-wise
Related Articles to Stiga Advantage
- Stiga Advantage Review: An Excellent Low-budget Table Tennis Table For Recreational
- Stiga Advantage vs Joola Inside 15: What Is The Best Tennis Table Under $400?
- Stiga Advantage vs Prince 6800 Review: Which Table Is More Qualified As A Household Table?
- Stiga Advantage Vs Joola Rally TL 300 Review: Which One Has More Intriguing Features?
- Stiga Advantage Vs St3600 Review: Which One Is Easier To Handle?
- Stiga Advantage Vs Stiga St3100 Review: Which Table Offers More At The Same Price?
- Stiga Advantage vs Advantage Pro Review: Which One Is the Better STIGA For Your Household?
Stiga Advantage from Stiga: https://www.stigaus.com/products/stiga-advantage-table-tennis-table?_pos=1&_sid=daf6b7ea6&_ss=r32i
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.