If Stiga’s long list of products stuffs your head with choices and you can’t decide which one you should go for, let this Stiga Advantage vs Stiga St3100 Review be the guideline to your happy purchase.
There’s no doubt that Stiga ST3100 is the winner as this intermediate-level 18mm table with the unique ball holding aprons is surprisingly affordable.
Regarding the other one – Stiga Advantage, this 15mm table is exceptionally lightweight, making assembling and moving child’s play.
Stay with me as I explain why I believe Stiga ST3100 is superior to Stiga Advantage.
Stiga Advantage vs Stiga St3100: Comparison Chart
Stiga Advantage vs Stiga St3100: Differences
The winner: Stiga ST3100 (3-2)
Advantage Pro’s win is unquestionable, considering its 4-in caster wheels and 2-in leg levelers. On the other hand, inside 18 stands out with its sturdy frame and undercarriage.
Weight, tabletop, and assembly
The Winner: Stiga Advantage
It’s reasonable that an 18mm table like Stiga ST3100 weighs 88kg while Stiga Advantage only weighs 52kg.
ST 3100’s heavyweight is an undeniable downside during assembly. You can’t do this step alone, not just because the weight is a blinding issue but also because the bolts are more challenging to deal with than other tables I’ve examined before. Don’t be surprised if it takes you hours getting over with the assembly.
Speaking of Stiga Advantage, the benefits of such a light table are apparent. Unlike ST3100, with which I needed help from two other adults to set up, Stiga Advantage is a lot easier to assemble, and it only required me nearly one hour to get the job done.
But a 15mm table is only a sound choice for beginners; if you’re intermediate players or above, you’ll need higher-rank tables. The bounciness of a 15mm tabletop is inadequate to reflect professional matches; thus, it can’t help you practice for serious competitions.
Does weight matter during moving and storing, you may ask? The answer is yes, but weight is not the only factor – caster wheels also play a vital role.
The winner: Stiga Advantage
When picking a ping-pong table, you should pay close attention to the weight-caster wheel ratio because that’s what decides whether it’s easy to handle the table or not.
As I mentioned before, moving and storing ST 3100 is a burden only if its caster wheels are too small to carry its weight. Thankfully, ST 3100 has eight 3-in wheels, a decent size for 18mm tables.
Yet Stiga Advantage seems to have the upper hand on this game as the extraordinary weight-wheel ratio of Advantage gives me great pleasure handling it.
Steel table legs
The winner: Stiga ST 3100
Stiga unlocks another win with its 2-in table legs. I know that asking a 15mm table like Advantage to feature 2-in legs is unrealistic, and considering other factors, that measurement should do fine; still, 2-in for table legs is an impressive number even when you compare ST3100 with other 15mm tables.
The winner: Stiga ST3100
There’s no way Advantage can beat ST3100’s double-duty aprons: not only do they do an excellent job as the protector of the tabletop, but they also can store up to 24 balls.
Firstly, regarding the aprons’ thickness of 2 inches, this measurement is unusual even among 18mm thickness tables. You will often see 18mm tabletops go hand in hand with the 1.5-in aprons. In case you don’t know, aprons’ purpose is to preserve the tabletop’s flatness against time and pressure.
Moving on to the ball holders, I have to say this feature is pure magic. I’ve always had a soft spot for innovative features unique from the basic design of conventional ping-pong tables. So it goes without saying that these ball holders put a spell on me immediately, not to say that it looks a lot more organized than storage pouches.
The winner: Stiga ST3100
Initially, I assumed that ST 3100 costs more than the other, easy to understand if we consider its service. To my surprise, ST 3100’s official price is $479, exactly the same as Advantage.
So if you combine its thickness, additional features, and sturdy frame, concluding that ST 3100 is the final winner is a no-brainer decision.
Stiga Advantage vs Stiga St3100: Similarities
Something can’t be missed about entry-level and intermediate-level tables. With the help of the safety latch system, you can transform the regular table into playback mode in a blink. If you’re new to this sport and excited to forge your skills, this application will immensely assist you.
Net and post set
Do brief research of ping-pong tables, and you will see how this design rises in trend among most-purchased products. Net and post set, also known as clamp-style net, gains its reputation thanks to its convenience. Indeed, there are hardly any other designs that can be set up in seconds, like clamp-style nets.
For me, I’d rather spend more time working on screw-on nets than being stuck with net-and-post sets. Here’s why: clamp-style nets often have troubles with tension adjustment, and nothing triggers me more than a loose net that needs repeatedly fixing during a match.
Quick Rundown of Stiga ST3100
Quick Rundown of Stiga Advantage
- Competition-ready indoor table tennis table perfect for your home or office
- 10-minute QuickPlay design comes 95% preassembled out of the box for quick and easy setup
- Effortlessly roll and transport table halves using 3” lockable casters for convenient storage and setup
- Excellent playability with 5/8”-thick table top with multiple roller coat finish and silk-screen striping
- Easily attach and remove net with tournament grade 72” clamp-style net and post set
Related Articles to Stiga Advantage
- Stiga Advantage Review: An Excellent Low-budget Table Tennis Table For Recreational
- Stiga Advantage vs Joola Inside 15: What Is The Best Tennis Table Under $400?
- Stiga XTR vs Advantage: Which Is The Best All-weather Stiga Tables For Family Games?
- Stiga Advantage vs Prince 6800 Review: Which Table Is More Qualified As A Household Table?
- Stiga Advantage Vs Joola Rally TL 300 Review: Which One Has More Intriguing Features?
- Stiga Advantage Vs St3600 Review: Which One Is Easier To Handle?
- Stiga Advantage vs Advantage Pro Review: Which One Is the Better STIGA For Your Household?
- Stiga Advantage from Stiga USA: https://www.stigaus.com/products/stiga-advantage-table-tennis-table
- Stiga ST3100 from Big 5 Sporting Goods: https://www.big5sportinggoods.com/store/details/stiga-st3100-indoor-table-tennis-table/3720103573100 fbclid=IwAR3nKLnYsO51CgI1eqlzVGlctewRdLPMHCGm2ftHH2rpZYaWjWyqM99U1oI