Honestly, there are few differences between Joola Nova DX Vs Stiga XTR as the two are mostly identical, with some exceptions that favor Stiga XTR.
Not many products can beat Stiga XTR regarding price within the all-weather category.
Joola Nova’s price tag is inviting, too, but its troublesome assembly set it behind Stiga XTR.
I will go over why Stiga XTR is a superior choice to Joola Nova DX.
Joola Nova DX Vs Stiga XTR: Comparison Chart
Joola Nova DX Vs Stiga XTR: Differences
The winner: Stiga XTR (2-0)
The sturdy design and easy assembly make Stiga XTR stand out.
The winner: Tie
Nova DX is 10kg lighter than Stiga XTR, leading to a better weight-wheel ratio. More precisely, both tables feature 3-inch caster wheels, a modest size for an outdoor table.
Although Nova DX’s 65kg sits more comfortably on the 3-inch wheels, I expect the tables would only be comfortable on even ground and not on a muddy, bumpy surface.
But there’s a price that goes with the lighter weight. What adds an extra 10kg on Stiga XTR is the 1.5-inch legs and a possibly thicker tabletop or frame/undercarriage. In general, Stiga XTR is more durable, which is essential for an outdoor table.
So, in the end, it’s up to you to decide who is the winner.
The winner: Stiga XTR
To my surprise, the heavier Stiga XTR was easier to assemble.
Even though Nova DX is lighter, like Stiga XTR, three adults were required to carry the package into my home.
Regarding assembly, it is evident that Stiga did a more thorough quality control than Joola. While both brands advertised their tables as only taking maximally 10 – 20 minutes to get ready, it still took me roughly 30 minutes. If you don’t have experience with ping-pong table assembly, it might take you longer.
The guideline is not an issue. The producers told the truth about the convenient 95% pre-assembled parts since we barely needed to read instructions to know which joint went where.
What bothered us about Nova DX was the tabletop’s manufacturing quality and the undercarriage. No matter how many times we tried, the table halves couldn’t align properly. There was also this tiny gap between them that we attempted to cover with the net, but it affected the stability of the net as well.
The winner: Stiga XTR
Usually, I’m more biased to traditional net designs like screw-on nets than clamp-on ones. It’s the other way around in this case, however.
Let’s talk about Stiga XTR’s clamp-on net first. As I’ve said, I’m no fan of this design. It’s true that the setup is right away, but that’s the only good thing about it. Tension adjustment of clamp-style nets is absurd, and Stiga XTR is no exception.
But that’s nothing compared to the headache Nova’s screw-on net gave me. The setup was different from Joola’s screw-on nets and much more complicated.
When I finally got it done, I noticed that the net’s balance was somewhat off (it could be due to the gap between table halves). On top of all, the tension adjustment was as bad as Stiga XTR’s.
Joola Nova DX Vs Stiga XTR: Similarities
Thickness and Tabletop
There are specific standards for outdoor tables that don’t apply to indoor ones. Most outdoor products use aluminum or aluminum and plastic tabletops, which are more resistant to high humidity than wooden ones.
Secondly, an outdoor tabletop’s thickness should be 4mm to 9mm. With a 6mm tabletop like Nova DX and Stiga XTR, you should expect decent playability comparable to a 15mm indoor table. This means it serves recreational purposes well but was not made for professional practices.
Not everyone needs to emphasize leg levelers when they choose an indoor table (households with kids might need more versatile leg levelers than others). However, this feature becomes vital with outdoor tables.
Why? Unlike floors, the ground is often uneven, and tables can be tilted if not for the leg levelers. Nova DX and Stiga XTR share the same 2-inch leg levelers, which are excellent at balancing tables.
Even though Joola and Stiga claim their products to be all-weather, rust-resistant, and sun-protected, I don’t think you should give it all to their advertisements and leave tables outdoors regardless of the weather.
Investing in a table cover is a good idea if you want to take care of it. If you can, place your tables under a shaded area during sunny summer days.
Ideally, affordable all-weather tables such as Stiga XTR and Joola Nova’b better be kept in garages and high-humidity indoor rooms. Although they are fully capable of serving as outdoor tables, if you insist on leaving them in your backyard, don’t expect them to last forever.
The 3-inch caster wheels of both products significantly limit their performances as outdoor tables. Unless your backyard is quite smooth, it’s not going to be comfortable moving those tables outside.
Quick Rundown of Stiga XTR
- PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY OUTDOOR PATIO SET - Durable outdoor table tennis table perfect for the patio or garage
- BUILT TO LAST - Specifically designed and manufactured to withstand the elements.
- ALL-WEATHER PERFORMANCE - Aluminum composite top offers great playability with all-weather performance
- QUICKPLAY DESIGN - 10-minute QuickPlay design comes 95% preassembled out of the box for quick and easy setup
- SIMPLE STORAGE - Effortlessly folds into an ultra-compact storage position in seconds with self-opening legs
Quick Rundown of Joola Nova DX
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY OUTDOORS: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size outdoor table tennis table and net set perfect for your deck, backyard or playground. Made by the official table brand of US Open and US Nationals Championships. USATT Approved
- ALLWEATHER TABLE AND NET: Tabletop is a durable 6mm thick aluminum plastic composite surface, resistant to warping and chipping. The table sits on a 30mm x 30mm rust-resistant, powder-coated undercarriage. Comes with a matching weatherproof net set
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled. Assembly time: 15 minutes and you’re ready to play! Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade net is a classic screw clamp design for easy attachment
- STURDY/LEVEL PLAY: Table sits on heavy-duty 3-inch wheels and adjustable leveling feet make this table compatible with almost any terrain
- SEPARATE HALVES FOR PLAYBACK MODE & COMPACT STORAGE: Folding halves sit on separate 4-wheel trolley systems for mobility when alone or nested together. Utilizing the automatic anti-tilting locks, easily unfold one table half for solo playback mode
Related Articles to Stiga Xtr
- Stiga XTR Vs Joola Outdoor: Stiga XTR Is The Real Deal
- Stiga XTR vs XTR Pro: Which Is The Better Stiga XTR Version?
- Stiga Xtr vs Joola Nova: Which All-weather Table Is Better For Enjoying With Your Family?
- Stiga Baja vs XTR: Stiga XTR Is Worth Every Penny
- Stiga Vapor vs Stiga XTR: Stiga XTR Is An Affordable All-weather Table
- Stiga XTR vs Advantage: Which Is The Best All-weather Stiga Tables For Family Games?
Related Articles to Joola Nova Dx
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.