JOOLA Rally TL 700 vs Tour are two table tennis tables you might consider when choosing one for recreational use as well as for serious practicing to advance.
In this battle, I will choose JOOLA Tour 2500 as the winner as It offers many of the features and quality of professional tables. With a 1-inch thick top, this table provides great bounce and playability. Besides, It is also really a solid table with the sturdy top, apron, legs and wheels. The table truly performs well, and it is on par with any professional-grade ping pong table.
That doesn’t mean the JOOLA Rally TL 700 is an unworthy product. It is also an excellent table; it just loses Tour 2500 a little bit. JOOLA Rally TL 700 shares many features with JOOLA Tour 2500, and it may even be able to compete with it in some cases. Corner ball holders and an abacus scorer are unique features that are not found in its competitor.
Joola Rally Tl 700 vs Tour: Comparíon Chart
Joola Rally TL 700 vs Tour: Differences
The Final Winner: JOOLA Tour 2500 (3-1)
With larger aprons, legs and caster wheels which can help bring greater stability than JOOLA Rally Tl 700, the JOOLA Tour 2500 is the clear winner. The Rally TL 700, on the other hand, is impressive with its ball holders and abacus scoreboard.
Blue is a color we often see on tennis tables. This is the color for Joola Tour 2500 as well. Meanwhile, Rally TL 700 comes in charcoal color.
As for me, Rally’s TL 700’s color appeals to me more than Tour 2500’s. Charcoal color combined with white is very attractive and gives a more professional look than the blue I usually see.
However, which color just depends on personal preferences, and it does not affect the quality of the table. So, I won’t pick the winner in this case.
The Winner: JOOLA Tour 2500
Many people often do not pay attention to this feature when buying a table. But in fact, the apron plays a much more significant role than you might think. This element prevents warping and enhances the stability of the tabletop. The larger the apron, the more support it provides.
Taking this assumption into account, Joola Tour again defeated the Rally TL 700 because its apron is 2 inches thicker than the 1.5-inch apron of the Rally TL 700.
The Winner: JOOLA Tour 2500
Due to the fact that both tables are quite heavy, the legs of them must be strong enough to be able to support their weight.
Joola Tour 2500 has 2-inches powder-coated table legs. This parameter totally satisfied me. I can assure you through my experience that this table is really solid and stable. I have a friend weighing about 80kg and this table can completely accommodate him sitting on the table without any problems.
About the Joola Rally TL 700, the steel legs are 1.5 inches. This dimension is not what I expected for a table that weighs around 250 pounds. However, I do not assert that it is not sturdy since the legs are not the only element determining whether the table is sturdy or not.
Anyway, the larger size of the Tour’s legs allows me to expect it to be more durable.
The Winner: JOOLA Tour 2500
As I said above, a table is sturdy or not is dependent on many factors. And another important factor I am referring to is the wheels.
In the two products, I think JOOLA Rally TL’s wheels definitely need more reliability. This table weighs about 250 pounds, but its wheels are only 3-inch in diameter. It seems to me that this is not a reasonable ratio at all.
The 3-inch caster wheels are only suitable for tables that are 18mm thick and weigh less than 100 kg. Heavy tables like Rally TL 700 would be better to have bigger wheels like 4-inches wheels in Joola Tour 2500. You tell from my word that JOOLA Tour 2500 had fully met all of my expectations.
Corner Ball Holders & Abacus Scorer
The Winner: JOOLA Rally TL 700
The features that make Joola Tour 2500 certainly can’t beat Rally TL 700 are corner ball holders and abacus scorer. That is because the Joola Tour 2500 lacks both of those features.
There are four corner ball holders on the JOOLA Rally TL 700; each one can store three 40mm JOOLA table tennis balls. These ball holders are a nice addition to the corners. In addition to the main function, they also bring safety to my children as they have replaced sharp edges that could potentially cause physical harm to them.
As much as I enjoy Ball Holders, the Abacus Scorer is entirely useless to me, even disappointing. The magnetic attachment feels cheap and doesn’t attach well to the table. It should use a better magnet or mounting system. However, this is not a big deal for me because I don’t even use this feature.
Joola Rally TL 700 vs Tour: Similarities
Tabletop (Material And Thickness)
Both two tables have a tabletop with a thickness of 25mm. This thickness is ideal for serious players and for tournaments.
Yes, it is exactly what I expect. The playing experience is the same for both tables. The ball bounce is great and consistent on every corner of the table. It takes spin very well with no noticeable dead spots.
A friend of mine, who plays Ping-Pong professionally, came to play with me and check out the bounce quality of the tables. He also was amazed at how good they were.
The two-piece design means that these two tables can be divided into two separated halves. Each standalone half has four caster wheels, which allows it to be transported separately and stored both together and individually. When nestling the two table halves, storing is relatively compact. Another benefit of this design is that we can practice alone.
To attain playing position or full table, the two halves come together and held in place by the net mounts. I find it a bit weird when the tables are heavy tables but the only thing holding two halves in place is just the small post.
Net And Post Set
The profession of these tables is also in net and post set. In contrast to many other tables that I have seen, these tables’ net and post sets are not useless.
They come with a heavy-duty tournament-grade net and post set that is attached to the table by screws and we can adjust the tension as well. This design is more appealing to me than a clip-on net. It is much more stable.
Ease Of Assembly
Because when delivering to you, the table was 95% pre-assembled, so the setup couldn’t be easier anymore. Assembly really requires only attaching the T brackets of the caster legs to the frame. Just by sliding them into place and tightening the bolts, you are done. It’s really not that complicated and I did it with just myself.
However, the hardest part is rotating the table into the upright position, and I can’t do it myself. I needed the help of another person as the table was weighty. You should have at least two adults to help you.
Imagine how a heavy table can hurt you if it is unstable and doesn’t have any safety features. Thankfully, both tables have features to ensure safety for you and everyone when in the match or when storing.
First of all, each caster wheel can be locked to keep the table in place. Another feature is, under each half, there is a spring-loaded safety latch that locks the tabletop into the upright position. The table has a safety feature that can prevent you from hurting yourself in an accident by opening it half unexpectedly.
Quick Rundown of Joola Tour 2500
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels.
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled and ready to play in just 10 minutes. Simply attach the legs with the included wrench, only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade net is a simple clamp-on style design for easy attachment and removal.
- TOURNAMENT-GRADE QUALITY: Durable 1 inch (25mm) thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) multi-layer blue painted surface for consistent and reliable ball bounce. Table sits on thick steel legs with adjustable rubber feet to ensure a level playing surface.
- SAFETY FEATURES: Table halves mounting on separate rolling trolley systems, automatic anti-tilting locking devices and 4 locking caster wheels per half provide added safety during game play, solo playback, transport & storage modes.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: JOOLA listens and learns from your feedback to create top of the line quality table tennis equipment for kids & adults. If you're not 100% satisfied or have product suggestions our customer service team is available to help.
Quick Rundown of Joola Rally TL 700
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY AT HOME: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size indoor table tennis table and net set perfect for your home, office or community center. Made by the official table brand of US Open and US Nationals Championships
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95 percent pre-assembled. Assembly time: 15 minutes and you’re ready to play. Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade net is a simple clamp design for easy attachment
- RELIABLE AND LEVEL PLAY: Durable 1 inch (25 mm) thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) multi-layer painted surface for a consistent and reliable ball bounce. The table sits on thick steel legs with leg height adjusters to ensure a level playing surface
- SEPARATE HALVES FOR PLAYBACK MODE AND COMPACT STORAGE: Folding halves sit on separate 4-wheel trolley systems for mobility when alone or nested together. Utilizing the automatic anti-tilting locks, easily unfold one table half for solo playback mode
- CORNER BALL HOLDERS AND ABACUS SCORER: In addition to the sleek, black top, the table features four ball holders and two magnetic abacus scorers making it a great, stylish addition to any home. Each ball holder holds 3 40mm JOOLA table tennis balls
Related Articles to Joola Tour 2500
- Joola Inside 25 Vs Tour 2500 Review: Which Table Is The Perfect Combination Of Quality And Durability?
Related Articles to Joola Rally Tl 700
- Joola Rally TL 700 Review: High-Quality Tennis Table With Ball Holders
- Joola Inside 25 Vs Rally TL 700 Review: Which Ping-Pong Table Is More Desired, Rated By Experts?
JOOLA Tour 2500 from JOOLA: https://joolausa.com/tour-2500-table-tennis-table/
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.