Not all high-end tables live up to their advertisement of expert-level playability, but this Joola Rally TL 700 Review will explain to you how Rally TL 700 manages to do that.
Joola Rally TL 700 is a high-end tennis table with something even the bestsellers of its category don’t, the ball holder. Moreover, its playability and durability are top-notch.
Dive in to learn why I believe that Joola Rally TL 700 will be worth every penny of yours.
Joola Rally TL 700 Review: Technical Chart
Joola Rally TL 700 Review: Feature Analysis
Joola Rally TL 700’s tabletop is 25mm, the standard thickness for tournament-grade tennis tables.
According to the producers, this MDF tabletop ensures expert-level playability. If you’re not new to the ping pong world, Joola must sound familiar to you. The brand is keen on providing top-quality tables for tournaments.
This Rally TL 700 belongs to Joola’s high-end category, whose bounciness and consistency are top-tier in their game. On discussing playability alone, Rally TL 700 can even rival its more famous brother, the Joola Inside 25.
It is rare for beginners to pay close attention to such small details as these steel aprons. Nonetheless, I’m here to suggest you change your approach. Steel aprons have a critical role in maintaining playability over time.
Regardless of how well-manufactured your tabletops are, they will deteriorate soon without the protection of strong steel aprons.
That’s why it is a relief for me to evaluate Rally TL 700’s steel aprons as durable. They are sturdy, stainless steel, and are attached firmly to the table edge.
If you have been subscribing to my blog, you would know I hate the guts out of this clamp-style net. Clamp-style nets are easy to set up, yet I have seen no clamp-style design that has a persuasive performance in tension adjustment.
Then again, the market is now flooded with tennis tables that feature clip-on nets, so I will try not to be picky about this detail.
Weight and Assembly
Rally TL 700 is 100kg, not an unusual weight for 25mm tables but still bulky. Such weight is inevitable considering how the tabletop. Undercarriage and frame have to be sturdy enough to provide tournament-level playability.
But there are downsides that you can’t avoid once you choose Rally TL 700 or any other 25mm tables in general.
Its transportation is a gamble, to begin with. Customers have never stopped receiving their products damaged from careless delivery. But look on the bright side, Joola has brilliant customer service, so there are cases when you can order a replacement.
Assembly is another challenge as well. I asked for help from two other male friends, and it took us around 30 – 40 mins to get over with this stage. I won’t say that Joola set us up saying the assembly would only take 15 – 20 mins because the guidelines were downright simple. However, it was still time-consuming due to the table’s heavy weight.
Ball holders and Abacus scoreboards
Joola went creative with Rally TL 700 design by adding ball holders. These attractive features can store three TT balls of 40mm at once.
Even better, it improves the visual of the table by making it look much more organized and sleek.
But its abacus scoreboard is a step back. Its manufacturing is inadequate as its steel tube is not attached well to the table edge.
Table legs and Leg levelers
This table has 1.5-inches powder-coated table legs, not exactly what I expect from a 100kg table.
Nonetheless, steel legs are not the sole factor that decides whether the table is sturdy or not. More importantly, a table is considered sturdy with a nice undercarriage, frame, and leg structure.
From my experience with Rally TL 700, the table appears to be very robust and is not flimsy at all. I see that as a confirmation of its well-designed structure, and so, decide to overlook its 1.5-inches legs.
Its leg levelers have no extension compared to many other tennis tables. Indeed, 1.25-inches leg levelers are not as intriguing as 1.5-inches and above ones. However, Rally TL 700 is an indoor table, making this leg’s height adjustment much less significant.
As much as I’m happy with Rally TL 700 in general, its caster wheels definitely need more work. It has 3-inches caster wheels, leading to a very unfavorable weight-wheel ratio. 3-inches caster wheels are only suitable for 18mm tables with 80 kg-and-below weight. Heavy tables like Rally TL 700 would balance better on 4-inches wheels like Joola Inside 25.
That means Joola Rallt TL 7oo won’t make it outside like many indoor tables.
Playback mode and Safety latch system
I don’t think solo-player mode should be mandatory for 25mm tables as their targeted customers are professionals who wouldn’t benefit from practicing along as much as beginners.
But if the users sometimes are children or newcomers, this application will come in handy. Imagine how an expert-level table like Rally TL 700 can be a nice touch for a household with skilled parents and entry-level kids. Simply switch on the safety latch system to fixate a table half straight up, and you’re free to practice alone!
Quick Rundown of Joola Rally TL 700
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY AT HOME: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size indoor table tennis table and net set perfect for your home, office or community center. Made by the official table brand of US Open and US Nationals Championships
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95 percent pre-assembled. Assembly time: 15 minutes and you’re ready to play. Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade net is a simple clamp design for easy attachment
- RELIABLE AND LEVEL PLAY: Durable 1 inch (25 mm) thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) multi-layer painted surface for a consistent and reliable ball bounce. The table sits on thick steel legs with leg height adjusters to ensure a level playing surface
- SEPARATE HALVES FOR PLAYBACK MODE AND COMPACT STORAGE: Folding halves sit on separate 4-wheel trolley systems for mobility when alone or nested together. Utilizing the automatic anti-tilting locks, easily unfold one table half for solo playback mode
- CORNER BALL HOLDERS AND ABACUS SCORER: In addition to the sleek, black top, the table features four ball holders and two magnetic abacus scorers making it a great, stylish addition to any home. Each ball holder holds 3 40mm JOOLA table tennis balls
Related Articles to Joola Rally Tl 700
- Joola Rally TL 700 vs Tour: Which Table Tennis Table Is Better For Tournament-grade?
- Joola Inside 25 Vs Rally TL 700 Review: Which Ping-Pong Table Is More Desired, Rated By Experts?
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.