If you’re wondering what outdoor table will complement your backyard and light up your picnic days, this Joola Rally Outdoor vs Joola Nova debate will answer your question.
Joola Rally Outdoor might not be the best outdoor table out there, but there are not many weatherproof products that have an affordable price like this guy.
Regarding our runner-up, Joola Nova does a decent job as a weatherproof table, too.
The reasons why Joola Rally Outdoor is superior to Joola Nova are as follows:
Joola Rally Outdoor vs Joola Nova: Comparison Chart
Joola Rally Outdoor vs Joola Nova: Differences
The winner: Rally Outdoor (2-0)
Joola Rally Outdoor is the final winner, thanks to its lightweight and bumper corners.
The Winner: Tie
The nets on both tables are weatherproof, fitting their description as outdoor tables. This is also the only plus as I found out that their functions are somewhat limited.
Theoretically, I prefer a screw-on net over a clamp-style one despite the latter´s frequent application nowadays. Screw-on design can take minutes to prepare, unlike the clamp-style net’s quick set-up.
However, the screw-on net is more convenient if you notice how unstable the clamp-style net is, especially its inefficient tension adjustment.
Does that mean Nova’s screw-on net knocks out Rally Outdoor’s clamp-style design? The answer is no. It’s nothing like what Joola has managed to do with Joola Inside’s screw-on net because this time, the poor manufacturing seriously affected the net’s performance.
The foremost issue is the complicated setup. Even an experienced person like me ended up spending more time working on it. And when the hard work was over, I had to deal with the inadequate tension adjustment.
So Nova’s supposed-to-be-better net turned out to be not so good. The same goes with Rally Outdoor’s clip-on design, but at least this one can proudly claim that its installation is simple.
The winner: Rally Outdoor
Our runner-up is 10kg lighter than the other one, which leads to a more reasonable weight-wheel ratio than Nova.
However, it wasn’t easier assembling Rally Outside than the other at all. I spotted some troubles with the manufacturing that made it challenging to align two tables properly. I managed to deal with this issue later with some wood pieces, but that is that.
The winner: Rally Outdoor
Are you afraid that your kids might accidentally run into the tables’ corners? Rally Outdoor will take care of that problem with its bumper corners.
Some might say small details like this are not enough to score a table’s performance, but I disagree with them. Not to say, additional safety is never excessive if you have kids in your house.
Joola Rally Outdoor vs Joola Nova : Similarities
Thickness and Tabletop
Two products share the 6mm tabletop. In case you don’t know, the requirements for the thickness of outdoor tables differ from indoor ones: for outdoor use, 4mm to 9mm is the standard thickness. Outdoor tabletops can be quite noisy during playing compared to indoor tables as well.
Moreover, materials chosen for those tabletops are usually aluminum mixed with plastic. The reason is that unlike wood, aluminum and plastic can endure challenging weather condition and keep the surface from warping up.
So both Nova and Rally Outdoor’s tabletops fit the description and are both playable. But I wouldn’t go as far as claiming them as excellent. Nonetheless, that’s what you have to accept about outdoor tables in exchange for durability and the weatherproof tabletop.
Automatic Safety Latch System
You wouldn’t have to worry about the tables’ stability during playing and storing with these devices. Just switch their levers to lock or unlock the anti-tilting effect.
The safety latch system is essential for the solo-player mode, too. All you have to do is to fold up a table half and fixate it with this safety device, and voilà!
Joola claims both the products to be resilient against all kinds of weather, but I doubt this is true. It’s a relief that the weather is mild and comfortable almost where I live, so the humidity is not a threat to the tables. But there are also online complaints that their tabletops were damaged after being left outside a long time.
So my two cents is, prepare some additional protection. Covering them with nylon drafts or putting them under a shade is a good suggestion.
Honestly, it doesn’t make sense to me why both tables only feature 3-inch wheels. 3-inch wheels can perform decently indoors, but once the table is brought outdoors, it is far from enough to bear the roughness of the ground.
Another disadvantage of weak caster wheels is that once they are broken, you won’t find the replacement immediately within. More likely, you would need to contact Joola’s customer service and wait one week or two until the new wheels arrive.
So that’s why I see this detail as an utter disappointment. Unless the ground you’re going to place the tables is not bumpy, both Joola Rally Outdoor and Joola Nova should be off your buying list by now.
Quick Rundown of Joola Rally Outdoor
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY OUTDOORS: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size ping pong table outdoor. Combines JOOLA's indoor ping pong table quality with outdoor durability. Looks great with any patio set and perfect for your deck, backyard or playground
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled. Assembly time: 10 minutes and you’re ready to play! Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade table tennis net is a classic screw clamp design for easy attachment
- 30mm UNDERCARRIAGE & 3 INCH WHEELS: Tabletop is a durable 6mm thick aluminum plastic composite surface, resistant to warping and chipping. The table sits on a 30mm x 30mm rust-resistant, powder-coated undercarriage. Stored- 62 x 22 x 67 inches
- PLAYBACK MODE & COMPACT STORAGE: Foldable ping pong table separates into 2 independent halves, more portable table tennis table & stores in smaller spaces. Utilizing the automatic anti-tilting locks, easily unfold one table half for solo playback mode
Quick Rundown of Joola Nova
Related Articles to Joola Rally Outdoor
Related Articles to Joola Nova
- Joola Rally Outdoor from JOOLA: https://www.joola.shop/en/tables/weatherproof-tables/5791/joola-table-tennis-table-outdoor-rally-tl
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.