If you find it difficult deciding which professional ping-pong table deserves your budget, this Joola Inside 25 vs Motion 25 Review will serve you well.
For anyone who can only be pleased by a top-quality table that offers expert-level practices, Joola Inside 25 is your perfect match. In this article, I make a detailed comparison between two look-alikes, Joola Inside 25 and Joola Motion 25 to determine what makes Inside 25 unique.
Inside 25 is the true winner thanks to the sturdy tabletop material and robust frame that greatly contribute to its MDF-qualified consistency and exceptional durability.
Motion 25 is also worth your consideration. It lives up to JOOLA’s advertisements of tournament-level quality, plus its ball holders are both useful and pleasing to the eyes.
Keep scrolling down to understand why I chose Joola Inside 25 over Joola Motion 25.
Joola Inside 25 Vs Motion 25: Comparison Chart
Joola Inside 25 Vs Motion 25: Differences
The winner: Inside 25 (2-1)
Inside 25 totally won my heart with its screw-on net design and the robust frame and undercarriage. Meanwhile, Motion 25 has some amusing features like the ball holders and magnetic scoreboard.
The winner: Inside 25
Look at JOOLA’s many 25mm tables that go with a clamp-style net, it is easy to understand why Inside 25’s screw-on design stands out.
Often, opinions are diverse regarding clamp-styled design: while some like clamp-style nets for their immediate setup, others dislike their instability. The latter is me. Screw-on nets give me the most reassurance; the last thing I want is to stop in the middle of an intense match just to re-adjust a loose net.
Moreover, the screw-on net just takes minutes more than the other to set up, plus its net tension remains perfectly until you make a change to it. And to think about how clamp-style net needs to be readjusted several times, I wouldn’t say the clamp-style net is overall more convenient.
The winner: Tie
I did brief research of 25 tables before concluding that Inside 25 is one of those few models that feature 4-inch caster wheels. The good thing about large wheels is that they keep the movements smooth – a big no to pumping and screeching – which is even more important when tables are placed indoors.
But once again, being the majority doesn’t mean Motion 25’s 3-inch wheels perform below average. On the contrary, the 3-inch wheel size is sufficient for its relatively lightweight (235lbs). So while Inside 25’s 4-inch wheels are impressive, they may seem excessive on Motion 25.
The winner: Inside 25
Inside 25 is 260lbs in weight, whereas Motion 25 is only 243lbs. For some products, heaviness indicates bulkiness, but in the case of ping-pong tables, it suggests better quality. What decides a ping-pong table’s weight is the materials chosen to make the tabletop, the frame, and the undercarriage.
We all know that a sturdier surface is equal to consistency, while a better frame and undercarriage are more robust and pressure-resistant. And the common ground between sturdier surface and stronger frame and undercarriage? Heavier materials.
I disagree with anyone who assumes Inside 25’s heavyweight would cause more troubles during assembly than the other. Yes, a few pounds heavier might matter when that weight mounts on eight caster wheels, but during assembly? My friend and I agree that assembling them is equally exhausting, and both took around 30 mins to finish (Joola and pretty much most brands are being exaggerated when they insist that their products’ assembly only takes 10 – 20 mins. I feel guilty calling this a false advertisement since there must be some skilled individuals who can actually do the assembly in 10 – 20 minutes, but I do believe most customers will find themselves in my shoes).
So does that mean moving Inside 15 is more difficult? The answer is no as Inside 25 is well equipped with 4-in caster wheels.
The winner: Motion 25
An elegant touch Motion 25 has that Inside 25 doesn’t. These ball holders do a brilliant job both as an asset and a decor item: They can each store three TT balls 40mm while looking organized and fabulous. I never knew storage pouches could bother me so much until I learned about these ball holders.
On top of all, the fact that ball holders replacing the sharp table corner speaks volumes about Motion 25’s safety. If you’ve ever tragically bumped into a ping-pong table’s corner, you’ll know what I mean.
It’s a pity that such an all-rounder like Inside 25 misses out on this lovely application. It could be Joola’s intention to keep Inside 25 as simple as possible, but I would be delighted to see ball holders added to the design of this champion.
The winner: Tie
Joola Inside 25 sticks with the tournament-signature blue while Motion 25 gives out a modern, futuristic vibe with the black color. There’s no better choice between these two colors – after all, it’s a matter of taste.
Joola Inside 25 Vs Motion 25: Similarities
Frame, Undercarriage, and Storage
Both tables have pressure-resistant frames and undercarriage that endure, fold, and move exceptionally well.
The auto-folding legs allow customers to nest up the whole table into a compact 24 1/2 x 62 1/4 x 64-inch size with a single glide when folded.
As I mentioned above, the weight of Inside 25 suggests a slightly sturdier frame and undercarriage, but you can also expect Motion 25’s lightweight to be a bit easier to handle.
Both tables can be stored indoors easily, as a whole or separated into two halves.
Play-back Mode and Leg levelers
Professional athletes often skip this mode, but JOOLA still makes sure Inside 25 and Motion 25 can satisfy players of all levels with its solo-player mode.
This is when the safety latch system serves its purpose by holding half of the table in one position without any tilting that could spoil the fun.
The two tables are user-friendly regarding their leg-leveler designs, too. As sturdy as these metal legs might be, they feature rubber ends that allow users to adjust their height and prevent visible damages to the floor.
Quick Rundown of Joola Inside 25
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY AT HOME: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size indoor table tennis table and net set perfect for your home, office or community center; Made by the official table brand of US Open and US Nationals Championships.
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled, Assembly time NOW REDUCED: 10 minutes and you’re ready to play, Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL Tournament grade net is a classic screw clamp design for easy attachment
- PROFESSIONAL THICKNESS: Durable 1 inch (25 mm) thick MDF multi-layer painted surface is the table thickness used by professional players for a consistent and reliable ball bounce, The table features leg height adjusters for a level playing surface
- SAFE & MOBILE STORAGE: Folding halves sit on separate 4-wheel trolley systems for mobility when alone or nested together, Automatic anti-tilting locking devices and 4 locking caster wheels per half provide added safety during play, transport & storage
- PLAY SOLO WITH PLAYBACK MODE: You can still play table tennis on the best table around if you don’t have a partner, Simply utilize the 2-piece design and unfold one half while leaving the other vertical for solo playback mode
Quick Rundown of Joola Motion 25
Related Articles to Joola Inside 25
- Joola Signature vs Joola Inside Review: Inside 25 Is The Best Of All
- Joola Inside 25 Review: The Best Professional Indoor Table Tennis Table
- Joola Inside 25 Vs Tour 2500 Review: Which Table Is The Perfect Combination Of Quality And Durability?
- Joola Inside 25 Vs Rally TL 700 Review: Which Ping-Pong Table Is More Desired, Rated By Experts?
- Joola Inside 25 from Joola: https://joolausa.com/inside-25-table-tennis-table/
- Joola Motion 25 from Whitehorse, IT: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/joola-motion-25-table-tennis-table-with-net-set-0749515p.html
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.