If you’re on the look for an affordable recreational indoor table tennis table to use at home, you’ve probably considered Joola Inside 15 vs Tour 1500.
For me, Joola Inside 15 won in this “which to buy” battle. It’s got all the features that you’d want in a new table with a sturdy design, it’s also very easy to assemble, fold and store. Its utilities allow you to have a satisfying experience, such as good surface, playback mode,…It is the best table in that price range with a similar thickness.
AS a runner-up, Joola Tour 1500 is also worth being considered because it is almost similar to Joola Inside. Even, it has a better net and post set than Joola Inside.
Let’s dive into my review to know why I chose Joola Inside 15mm as the winner.
Joola Inside 15 Vs Tour 1500: Comparison Chart
- Joola Inside Table Tennis Table Reviews
- Best of Joola Ping Pong Tables – You Will Love These Awesome Products!
- 5 Best Indoor Ping Pong Table for Your Home
- Joola Inside 25 Vs Tour 2500 Review: Which Table Is The Perfect Combination Of Quality And Durability?
Joola Inside 15 Vs Tour 1500: Differences
At first glance, many people don’t realize the difference between these two tennis tables. But I have researched and experienced to give you some of the following differences. These differences have shown that Inside beat the Tour in a 2-1 win.
The winner: Joola Inside
The fact that they are the same size and look almost the same. However, I was very surprised because Joola Inside is slightly lighter than Joola Tour. Joola Inside weighed 149 pounds while Joola Tour weighed 180 pounds.
Lighter does not mean that Joola Inside is more rickety. The difference is not too big, so both tables are very sturdy. Anyway, lighter weight means it’s easier to assemble, fold, and store.
2. Net and Post Set
The winner: Joola Tour
The tennis nets and posts of these two tables are two different types. You should choose the ideal one right for you.
The included ping pong net and post set of Joola Inside features a simple, spring-activated removable clamp post. It is a great option for players who do not want to deal with the annoyance of setting up a table tennis net. It ís faster to attach to the table than Joola Tour’s net and post set.
It also has a huge drawback. My problem occurred after a period of use, as the clamp holding the net to the table had come loose.
Joola Tour’s net and post set come with a screw lock. Although it takes some time and is more difficult to assemble, this net is really professional. It is the most stable net I’ve ever used. I have never seen it come off easily or move around during play.
3. Worth the money
The winner: Joola Inside
The brand’s website offers equal prices for both the Joola Inside 15mm and the Joola Tour 1500. However, on other e-commerce markets like Amazon, Joola Inside gets more discounts, and the rating is also higher than Joola Tour.
Paying an additional $100 for a table with not much improvement, greater weight, a better net and post set, for me, is not worthy.
Because the net is probably the cheapest and easiest accessory to fix. You can easily search for a better net to use with Joola Inside.
Joola Inside 15 Vs Tour 1500: Similarities
1. Playing Surface
Both products feature a 5/8 inch (15mm) medium-density fiberboard (MDF) playing surface thickness. Although it is too thin to be ITTF approved, it is pretty standard for tennis tables in this price range.
If we ignore the correlation between prices and thickness, the thickness may be the true weakness of these two tables. With 15mm thickness, you can expect the bounce to lack a bit of height when compared to playing on a thicker table.
At under $400, to have a recreational table to play with my family, my friends, I am completely pleased with both tables. But when I play seriously or practice for a professional competition, I will choose other tables.
2. Maneuverability and Storage
Easy to Assembly
When JOOLA says it is easy and quick assembly, it is! Even though I’m not very good at assembling stuff, I can still finish the process within 30 minutes. Most of these tables were already assembled. A lot of stuff was already attached to the table. The only thing I had to do was attach the legs, the wheelbase and net.
You can complete this setup in approximately 10-20 minutes out of the box as the brand promised by searching youtube or visiting Joola’s website and viewing their installation video.
Independent Table Halves
The JOOLA Inside and Joola Tour 1500 conveniently splits into two separate table halves which offers more flexibility and maneuverability.
Instead of having to move the entire bulky table, we can move each half. Moving is so easy! We can store two individual halves in the same or different space.
Each half is equipped with four three-inch caster wheels, so you can move the table as a whole or when separated. Each of them can also be locked in place to ensure stability and safety both when playing and when storing.
3. Other Utilities
As I mentioned earlier, the table half can be completely separated and used individually. Besides the benefits mentioned previously, you can also put it into a personal playback position, allowing you to practice without needing a playing partner.
There is nothing more frustrating than playing table tennis with an uneven table, so nowadays, every modern table tennis table should come with leg levelers.
In case you’ve got your floor is not even, you can adjust the level of the leg in Joola Inside and Joola Tour 1500.
It is important to consider the safety of a table when buying one and be sure it will not collapse or move in the middle of the game. So when I found these two tables both come with a double anti-tilting device, I felt it’s really cool! The safety features include eight lockable caster wheels and Safety Latch System.
Quick Rundown of JOOLA Inside 15
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels
- 15mm MDF SURFACE TOURNAMENT QUALITY AT HOME: The JOOLA Inside Table Tennis Table is a competition grade, regulation size indoor ping pong table, perfect for playing in your home, office, or recreation center
- EASY AND QUICK ASSEMBLY: Set up this top-performing table tennis table in approximately 10 minutes out of the box. The tournament-grade regulation size 72" ping pong net set has a convenient clamp system for quickly attaching and removing from the table
- SAFE, MOBILE, COMPACT STORAGE: The 2 halves and 3" lockable wheels and casters makes this ping pong table easy to roll and move around when not in use. Does not include ping pong paddles
Quick Rundown of JOOLA Tour 1500
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels.
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled and ready to play in just 10 minutes. Simply attach the legs with the included wrench, only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade net is a simple clamp-on style design for easy attachment and removal.
- JOOLA QUALITY: Durable 5/8 inch (15mm) thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) multi-layer blue painted surface for a consistent and reliable ball bounce. The table sits on thick steel legs with adjustable rubber feet to ensure a level playing surface.
- SAFETY FEATURES: Table halves mounting on separate rolling trolley systems, automatic anti-tilting locking devices and 4 locking caster wheels per half provide added safety during game play, solo playback, transport & storage modes.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: JOOLA listens and learns from your feedback to create top of the line quality table tennis equipment for kids & adults. If you're not 100% satisfied or have product suggestions our customer service team is available to help.
- Joola Inside 15 from Joola: https://joolausa.com/inside-15-table-tennis-table/
- Joola Tour 1500 from Joola: https://joolausa.com/tour-1500-table-tennis-table/
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.