JOOLA Inside models have a variety of table thicknesses that can meet the requirement of a professional or an amateur. The topic of Joola Inside 15 vs 18 is always a question among people, so I have written this article to help you make the right choice.
I choose Joola Inside 18 as the winner. This table is worth every penny thanks to the 18mm tabletop, which provides excellent bounce, and the apron and legs that give better support.
As a runner-up, Joola inside 15 is also worth considering because It also offers some features similar to the winner. Additionally, It can beat the Joola Insiđe 18 in manoeuvrability.
JOOLA Inside 15 vs 18: Comparison Chart
JOOLA Inside 15 vs 18: Differences
Taking a 2-0 victory against Joola Inside 15, the Joola Inside 18 is definitely a product that is worth your money. It features a 18mm tabletop, apron and legs that provide better support.
Tabletop and Apron
The winner: Joola Inside 18
We all know that the thickness of the tabletop plays an important role in good and even bounce. If you are serious about playing table tennis, the minimum thickness for a good bounce is 18 mm.
With a 3/4 inch (18 mm) thick, multi-layer painted surface that is thicker than most recreational tables, the Joola Inside 18 table is well suited not only for recreational but also for training for the tournament. I don’t find many differences between playing on this table and professional tables. Its bounce is almost like in a professional table, not quite but pretty close. Anyway, It is incredible for an affordable price.
The Joola Inside 15 has a table thickness of 5/8 inches (15 mm). Compared to playing on Joola Inside 18, you can expect the ball to play a little slower and the bounce to be a bit lower. This thickness is enough to enjoy playing table tennis with our friends and family members, not for professional-level players.
Under the tabletop is the steel tube apron that provides support to prevent the surface top from wrapping. The apron also ensures that the ball will bounce evenly and consistently. The apron of Joola Inside 18 is 40x20mm in size. As such, it promises to provide better support than Joola Inside 15, which has 30x20mm apron.
While the 18mm version weighs 209 pounds, the 15mm version is a bit lighter, it weighs 149 pounds. However, there is no perfect standard for weight so we cannot point out the winner in this term.
Joola Inside 18 is heavier, meaning moving around and assembling is harder. However, the heavier a table is, the more sturdy and long-lasting it is. In contrast, Joola Inside 15 is lighter, making it more manoeuvrable. Nevertheless, its material, durability and strength may not be as good as the 18 mm version’s.
In short, It depends on your needs. The Joola Inside 18 is the ideal choice if durability is more important to you than convenience. If you are looking for an easy to assemble and store, then Joola Inside 15 is the best option for you.
Legs and Legs Leveler
The Winner: Joola Inside 18
While the Joola Inside 18 is supported by 40x40mm sturdy black powder-coated steel legs, the Joola Inside 15 is supported by 30x30mm legs.
One cm might seem like a small difference, but can it actually make a big difference? In my experience, Inside 18 is much more firm than 15 thanks to the support from the legs. It is a table that I can sit on without any concern.
It would be infuriating if playing with an unbalanced table. So leg levelers are extremely necessary in case your floor is not even. We can adjust the height of the leg levelers on the Joola Inside 18 up to 1.5in and on the Joola Inside 15 up to 1.25in. The leg levelers on both tables are made of rubber so that your floors will not be scratched.
JOOLA Inside 15 vs 18: Similarities
Net and Post Set
This table comes with a clamp-style, competition-grade 72″ net with tension adjustments. Due to the clamp-style system, I can tell attaching the net is very easy, just in seconds. However, for me, It is not a good quality net and post set.
But It is not a big deal, you can replace it with a more quality set purchased on Amazon, as I did.
In most cases, before going to the official match, I have to warm-up to become used to the table or when I don’t have a partner, I use this playback mode. When two halves tables are placed vertically against each other, I am able to play table tennis by rebounding the ball against the vertical surfaces.
Easy to Assembly
I used to spend hours assembling some table tennis. But for Joola Inside 15 and 18, assembly is not a challenging task. Unbelievably, It only took me about 15 minutes to assemble and start playing. The advertisement does not lie! That is because It comes with a 95% pre-assembled before delivery, All you have to do is attach the legs by tightening eight bolts, and that’s it.
Both of the tables offer lots of safety features.
The table has four wheels on each side. Each wheel is designed with a lock that prevents the table from moving during play.
Each half of the table is equipped with a spring-loaded safety latch. The safety latch will lock the tabletop into the upright position to prevent the table halves from unfolding unexpectedly when you fold it for storage.
Your children are kept safe when playing on the table by four protective corners on edge.
Quick Rundown of JOOLA Inside 18
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY AT HOME: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size indoor table tennis table and net set perfect for your home, office or community center. Made by the official table brand of US Open and US Nationals Championships. USATT Approved.
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled. Assembly time NOW REDUCED: 10 minutes and you’re ready to play! Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade net is a simple clamp design for easy attachment
- RELIABLE/LEVEL PLAY: Durable 3/4 inch (18 mm) thick MDF multi-layer painted surface is thicker than most recreational tables for a more consistent and reliable ball bounce. The table features leg height adjusters for a level playing surface.
- SAFE & MOBILE STORAGE: Folding halves sit on separate 4-wheel trolley systems for mobility when alone or nested together. Automatic anti-tilting locking devices and 4 locking caster wheels per half provide added safety during play, transport & storage.
- PLAY SOLO WITH PLAYBACK MODE: You can still play table tennis on the best table around if you don’t have a partner! Simply utilize the 2-piece design and unfold one half while leaving the other vertical for solo playback mode.
Quick Rundown of JOOLA Inside 15
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels.
- 15mm MDF SURFACE TOURNAMENT QUALITY AT HOME: The JOOLA Inside Table Tennis Table is a competition grade, regulation size indoor ping pong table, perfect for playing in your home, office, or recreation center.
- EASY AND QUICK ASSEMBLY: Set up this top-performing table tennis table in approximately 10 minutes out of the box. The tournament-grade regulation size 72" ping pong net set has a convenient clamp system for quickly attaching and removing from the table.
- SAFE, MOBILE, COMPACT STORAGE: The 2 halves and 3" lockable wheels and casters makes this ping pong table easy to roll and move around when not in use. Does not include ping pong paddles.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: JOOLA listens and learns from your feedback to create top of the line quality table tennis equipment for kids & adults. If you're not 100% satisfied or have product suggestions our customer service team is available to help.
Related Articles to Joola Inside 18
- Joola Signature vs Joola Inside Review: Inside 25 Is The Best Of All
- Stiga Advantage Pro vs Joola Inside 18 Review: Which One Is The Better Household Ping-Pong Table With Tournament Quality?
Related Articles to Joola Inside 15
- Joola Rally Tl 300 Vs Joola Inside 15 Review: Judge After Experience For Which Table Is Better For Indoor Play
- Stiga Advantage vs Joola Inside 15: What Is The Best Tennis Table Under $400?
- Joola Inside 15 Vs Motion 15 (Joola Triumph 15) Review: Which One Is The Better Ping-pong Table For Family Leisure?
- Joola Inside 15 vs Tour 1500: Which Indoor Table Is More Worth Buying For Home Use?
Joola Inside 18 from Joola: https://joolausa.com/inside-18-table-tennis-table/
Joola Inside 15 from Joola: https://joolausa.com/inside-15-table-tennis-table/