STIGA stands out in the competition amongst ping pong paddle brands. However, choosing a suitable pair out of several top products by STIGA is challenging, especially when the battle is between the Evolution and the Pro Carbon. They have been closely compared for long and nobody ever points out which is better.
Let us help you with this article about STIGA Evolution VS STIGA Pro Carbon.
- Palio Expert 2 vs Stiga Evolution
- Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Killerspin Jet 400 vs Stiga Evolution
- Palio Legend 2 vs STIGA Pro Carbon
- Stiga Evolution vs Killerspin Jet 600
Quick Rundown Of Stiga Evolution Paddle
- STIGA – Since 1944, STIGA has been the innovative leader in table tennis equipment. STIGA combines superior craftsmanship with exceptional performance in every product. The highest quality equipment for all, from amateur to pro. That’s the STIGA heritage.
- BUILT FOR COMPETITION – Nano Composite and ACS Technologies form stronger and tighter bonds in the ITTF approved smooth inverted rubber for high speed and spin with maximum elasticity and outstanding control—the perfect racket for tournament play.
- SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY – This racket unites STIGA's new Shock Dispersion Tube (SDT) technology with its Crystal and WRB Technologies for a hardened, light blade with faster returns, more power, and extra sensitivity of touch.
- PRECISION BLADE – The precisely crafted lightweight 6-ply blade unites Ayous, Awan, and Kiri woods with a 2mm sponge for a larger sweet spot and cleaner hits.
- PERFORMANCE RATINGS – Speed: 96, Spin: 94, Control: 90
Take a look at the Stiga Evolution reviews first. It is one of the top five best-selling models by STIGA (the others include Pro Carbon, Supreme, Titan, and Apex).
We will investigate its three most important components in detail now.
Stiga Evolution features a 6-ply wooden blade, which is lightweight yet sturdy at the same time. The minimal weight makes it less tiring to hold for a long time, and you can still use the paddle to place powerful shots.
But frankly speaking, there is nothing so special about the Evolution blade. The whole racket stands out mainly due to its advanced rubber and handle.
The extra light blade is sandwiched between two layers of rubber, which is ITTF approved to be eligible for worldwide tournaments. The amount of tiny air bubbles inside the rubber makes it firm and more importantly, reduces the reverb effects after you fire the shots.
At the same time, this rubber is known to produce high speed and spin rate. Experienced players but beginners may find such a feature awesome to get the upper hand in the game. This is understandable, however, as the Stiga Evolution is aimed at intermediate and advanced players rather than those with limited experience and skills.
It is manufactured using Shock Dispersion Tube technology to absorb vibration and collect the energy, thereby enhancing the power of your shots, particularly strokes.
Like the blade, the handle is quite light to hold since it is hollow inside. Being hollowed out gives you an enormous advantage in control. It can be pain sometimes, however, as it might lead to balance issues due to the heavy top.
On the whole, Stiga Evolution performance-level table tennis racket is designed with control in mind. If you are seeking a pair of ping pong table racket that offers complete control, don’t skip this one.
Quick Rundown Of Stiga Pro Carbon Paddle
- STIGA – Since 1944, STIGA has been the innovative leader in table tennis equipment. STIGA combines superior craftsmanship with exceptional performance in every product. The highest quality equipment for all, from amateur to pro. That’s the STIGA heritage
- BUILT FOR COMPETITION – Nano Composite and ACS Technologies form stronger and tighter bonds in the ITTF approved smooth inverted S5 rubber for high speed and spin with maximum elasticity and outstanding control—the perfect racket for tournament play
- SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY – This racket unites STIGA's Crystal and WRB Technologies for a hardened, light blade with faster returns, more power, and extra sensitivity of touch
- PRECISION BLADE – The 7-ply blade boasts 5 layers of light-weight balsa wood and 2 layers of high-performance, integrated carbon fiber that combine with a 2mm sponge for a larger sweet spot and cleaner hits
- PERFORMANCE RATINGS – Speed: 99, Spin: 100, Control: 80
As mentioned above, Pro Carbon is another top-notch models out of the five best-selling table tennis rackets by Stiga. Let’s see what makes it outstanding in our Stiga Pro Carbon reviews below.
The Stiga Pro Carbon table tennis racket comes with an impressive handle made of 5 plies of balsa wood combined with 2 plies of carbon on both sides. Such a combination works magic on speed, spin, reaction time, as well as control ratings. On top of that, it manages to significantly reduce the reverb effects after every shot. Let’s say it is an all-rounder!
Our advice when using the Pro Carbon is to avoid going too hard on your strokes as it might cause the ball to pass farther than the length of your opponent’s side of the table. No worries about damaging the blade as it is quite heavyweight.
The blade is padded with S5 rubber on both sides, and when you try the racket, you can feel that the red is slightly softer than the black side.
When designing the Pro Carbon, Stiga applies ACS technology to reduce the overall weight and make the rubber more elastic.
Do you know that every paddle has a sweet spot on the rubber? Supposing the ball comes into contact with the rubber in that spot, it will travel with more spin and speed. The sweet spot of Pro Carbon rubber is larger than most other paddles, which offers a significant advantage on the table.
The unique thing about Pro Carbon handle is that it comes with a metal rod inside. This rod is intended for a firm grip and a good weight balance. More notably, it offers more power for your shots.
On the flip side, it takes you a while to get accustomed to the handle’s weight. But once you do, you will greatly appreciate its beauty.
|Stiga Evolution||Stiga Pro Carbon|
Stiga Evolution & Stiga Pro Carbon Comparison
We will compare Stiga Pro Carbon VS Stiga Evolution in details regarding three aspects, namely comfort, style of play, and bounce.
Level of Comfort
We agree that both rackets are designed to offer ping pong players a great level of comfort that not many products of other brands do. However, considering the weight, the Pro Carbon is slightly better. As it is lighter than the Stiga Evolution, your hands will not be sore so soon.
It is easily seen that the Stiga Evolution table tennis racket is more suitable for defensive players who tend to defense and earn points by counter-attacks. As defense is all about precision, having more control will support a lot.
Meanwhile, the Pro Carbon is perfect for aggressive players who win the game mainly by attacking the opponents. This is due to its weight distribution that enables you to deliver powerful shots into a single point.
However, the Evolution suits a wider range of players, since anybody who is in between can benefit from it rather than the Pro Carbon.
The Evolution and the Pro Carbon use different materials in crafting the blade, leading to a clear difference in uniform bounce.
As wood is natural, the Evolution tends to produce a non-uniform bounce. You cannot predict the bounce, so it might be quirky sometimes. Still, the situation will change over time as you get used to it.
On the other hand, the Pro Carbon generates more uniform bounce due to the application of carbon technology in the blade. Hence, it brings about higher predictability.
The Bottom Line
Now you can be confident in choosing between the Stiga Evolution VS Pro Carbon. Generally speaking, both rackets are excellent without any deal-breakers. Your choice depends entirely on your preference for style or comfort. It would be best if you can try both of them before making a final decision.
If there are any questions, just contact me or comment down below. Thanks for reading!
- Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Evolution
- Stiga Evolution vs Stiga Supreme
- Stiga Talon vs Stiga Evolution
- Stiga Evolution vs Palio Legend 2
- Palio Master 2 vs Stiga Evolution
- Stiga Evolution vs Palio Legend 2
- Palio Expert 2 vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Palio Master 2 vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Stiga Pro Carbon vs Killerspin Jet 600
- Stiga Pro Carbon vs Killerspin Jet 800
- STIGA Pro Carbon vs STIGA Raptor
- Stiga Supreme vs Stiga Pro Carbon
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.