The Stiga Evolution and Palio Legend 2 are both great table tennis tables, but which one is better? To answer that question, we’re going to do a Stiga Evolution vs Palio Legend 2 review. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of each table so you can make an informed decision on which one is right for you.
Stiga Evolution vs Palio Legend 2: Comparision Chart
- Killerspin Jet 400 vs Stiga Evolution
- Killerspin Jet 800 vs Palio Legend 2
- Stiga Evolution vs Killerspin Jet 600
- Stiga Evolution vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Palio Master 2 vs Stiga Evolution
Quick Rundown of Stiga Evolution
- STIGA – Since 1944, STIGA has been the innovative leader in table tennis equipment. STIGA combines superior craftsmanship with exceptional performance in every product. The highest quality equipment for all, from amateur to pro. That’s the STIGA heritage.
- BUILT FOR COMPETITION – Nano Composite and ACS Technologies form stronger and tighter bonds in the ITTF approved smooth inverted rubber for high speed and spin with maximum elasticity and outstanding control—the perfect racket for tournament play.
- SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY – This racket unites STIGA's new Shock Dispersion Tube (SDT) technology with its Crystal and WRB Technologies for a hardened, light blade with faster returns, more power, and extra sensitivity of touch.
- PRECISION BLADE – The precisely crafted lightweight 6-ply blade unites Ayous, Awan, and Kiri woods with a 2mm sponge for a larger sweet spot and cleaner hits.
- PERFORMANCE RATINGS – Speed: 96, Spin: 94, Control: 90
Stiga Evolution has a 6-ply wooden blade. It is lightweight, but it is sturdy. The weight doesn’t make the paddle heavy to hold for a long time. You can still use the paddle to place powerful shots with this paddle.
The Evolution blade isn’t special. It is mainly popular because it has rubber and handles that are good.
The rubber in the middle of the blade is good to use. It helps you hit the ball and it reduces how loud it sounds after you shoot.
This rubber is known to produce a high spin rate and high speed. Experienced players might find that awesome, but beginners may not. This is because this rubber is aimed at players who have played a lot of table tennis, not for those with little experience.
This racket is made with a special technology that makes your shots more powerful. This technology collects the energy from the racket and releases it as soon as you strike the ball.
The blade is light to hold because it is hollow inside. This means you have more control over the knife since there’s less weight on the handle. But sometimes it can be hard to balance, as you might need a heavier top part of the knife.
The Stiga Evolution is a ping pong table racket that has been designed with control in mind. Keep this one in mind if you are looking to buy a ping pong table racket because it will be great for you.
Quick Rundown of Palio Legend 2
- The Palio Legend 2 is an exclusive collaboration between Palio and Expert Table Tennis
- The Palio Hadou rubbers remain unchanged, provide great speed and spin, and are ITTF approved
- The redesigned Palio x ETT Legend 2 blade gives players even better power and feeling
- This bat is ideal for players looking to generate maximum power and spin
- Speed = 10/10 Spin = 9/10 Control = 6/10
The blade is very fast. It’s as fast as 10/10. The speed on the Palio Legend 2 is good. It’s one of the fastest paddles we have played with. The blade has 5 layers of heavy plywood and it weighs a bit more than most other paddles (around 190 grams). But that
On both sides, the Legend 2 has Palio Hadou rubbers which are high-quality Chinese rubber. This is approved by ITTF for official tournaments.
The rubber sits on a layer of 2.00mm sponge. That means the ball doesn’t slow down when it hits the rubber. It also makes spin easier to do. You need to use less force when you hit the ball, but more spin will come out of it if you brush instead of hitting it
You can change the rubber on this bat when it gets old. It is handy because you can just put a new one on. But if you clean the bat and use a paddle case, then you shouldn’t have to change it very often.
So which one should you choose? It really depends on what type of player you are and what kind of experience you’re looking for! If we had to recommend just one though, our vote goes with Stiga Evolution for beginners and Palio Legend 2 is good for intermediate players.
- Palio Legend 2 vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Palio Expert 2 vs Stiga Evolution
- Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Evolution
- Stiga Evolution vs Stiga Supreme
- Stiga Talon vs Stiga Evolution
- Palio Master 2 vs Palio Legend 2
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.