We will compare Butterfly 401 and Stiga Evolution to see which one is the best. Butterfly 401 paddle is ideal for beginner & intermediate players with medium speed, whereas Stiga Evolution is for defensive players with low speed. Butterfly has a lightweight and easy-to-control handle, while Stiga has a heavier blade and stiffer handle. Butterfly comes in 3 different colors: red/black, blue/white, or pink/purple; but you can only get the black version of Stiga.
Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Evolution: Comparision Chart
- Killerspin Jet 400 vs Stiga Evolution
- Stiga Evolution vs Killerspin Jet 600
- Stiga Evolution vs Palio Legend 2
- Stiga Evolution vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Stiga Evolution vs Stiga Supreme
Quick Rundown Of Stiga Evolution
- STIGA – Since 1944, STIGA has been the innovative leader in table tennis equipment. STIGA combines superior craftsmanship with exceptional performance in every product. The highest quality equipment for all, from amateur to pro. That’s the STIGA heritage
- BUILT FOR COMPETITION – Nano Composite and ACS Technologies form stronger and tighter bonds in the ITTF approved smooth inverted S5 rubber for high speed and spin with maximum elasticity and outstanding control—the perfect racket for tournament play
- SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY – This racket unites STIGA's Crystal and WRB Technologies for a hardened, light blade with faster returns, more power, and extra sensitivity of touch
- PRECISION BLADE – The 7-ply blade boasts 5 layers of light-weight balsa wood and 2 layers of high-performance, integrated carbon fiber that combine with a 2mm sponge for a larger sweet spot and cleaner hits
- PERFORMANCE RATINGS – Speed: 99, Spin: 100, Control: 80
The Stiga Evolution has a handle that is light and easy to hold. This means you can use the paddle for long periods of time without getting tired. It also means that you can hit hard with this paddle because it is strong.
The handle will help you shoot the ball better. You can use it to store your energy and then hit the ball with more power.
The handle of the knife is light because it is hollow inside. But there are some disadvantages. Sometimes the knife can be heavy on top and make you lose your balance.
The extra light blade is put in the rubber. This blade is approved by ITTF for worldwide tournaments. The tiny air bubbles inside the rubber make it hard and lessen the vibrations after shots are fired.
This rubber can help you play better in the game. It is good for people who have been playing for a long time. If you are new to ping pong, then this is not for you.
Quick Rundown Of Butterfly 401
- Blade Construction: 5 Ply-Wood
- Handle: Flared - Concave At The Center - The Most Popular Style
- Rubber: Yuki - Sponge Thickness (mm): 2.1 & Rubber: Yuki Sponge Thickness (mm): 2.1
- Recommended For Beginning Level Players
- International Table Tennis Federation Approved
The Butterfly 401 is a paddle for people who are just starting out or who are more intermediate. It has a five-ply blade with two pieces of Yuki rubber sitting on top of it. The rubber is sticky which helps you to get lots of spins when you go to hit the ball.
The Butterfly 401 paddle has a powerful blade made of five pieces of wood that are glued together. This paddle is not too fast, so it might be good for beginners who are looking to get a faster paddle.
There are rubber bands on the forehand and backhand of the 401. They are called Yuki rubbers. They have a lot of grip on them so when you hit the ball, it will stick to your paddle more. This gives you more spin which is a good thing if you want to get a lot of speed on your shots
In our conclusion: The Butterfly 401 paddle is good for people who like to play with medium speed and who are beginners or intermediate players. The Stiga Evolution paddle is better for defensive players with low speeds.
- Butterfly 401 vs Butterfly 501
- 10 Best Ping Pong Paddle for Beginner & Intermediate Player
- 5 Best Ping Pong Paddles for Professional
- Butterfly 401 vs Butterfly 501
- Butterfly 302 vs Butterfly 401
- Butterfly 401 vs Killerspin Jet 200
- Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Palio Expert 2 vs Stiga Evolution
- Palio Master 2 vs Stiga Evolution
- Stiga Talon vs Stiga Evolution
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.