Table tennis is a popular sport in many countries, and Butterfly is one of the most well-known brands for table tennis equipment. Butterfly has two types of rackets: Butterfly 401 and Butterfly 501. Which one should you buy? In this article, we will compare both rackets so that you can decide which one suits your level best!
Butterfly 401 vs Butterfly 501: Comparison Chart
Quick Rundown of Butterfly 401
- Blade Construction: 5 Ply-Wood
- Handle: Flared - Concave At The Center - The Most Popular Style
- Rubber: Yuki - Sponge Thickness (mm): 2.1 & Rubber: Yuki Sponge Thickness (mm): 2.1
- Recommended For Beginning Level Players
- International Table Tennis Federation Approved
The Butterfly 401 paddle is for beginners or people who are more intermediate. It has a five-ply blade with two pieces of Yuki rubber on top. You can get lots of spins when you hit the ball because the rubber is sticky.
The Butterfly 401 paddle is a good choice if you are looking for a slower paddle. It has five pieces of wood glued together to make the blade.
There are rubber bands on the front and back of the paddle. They are called Yuki rubbers. When you hit the ball, it will stick to your paddle more. This will give you more spin which is good if you want to get a lot of speed on your shots.
Quick Rundown of Butterfly 501
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY – The Butterfly 501 Racket Set will give you significant spin and speed to beat your opponents. Butterfly rackets are the preferred rackets by professionals
- GREAT RUBBER: This ITTF approved Butterfly table tennis racket offers inverted red and black Pan Asian 2.0mm rubbers that are tacky and powerful for speed and spins to help you beat your opponent
- ERGONOMIC GRIP – The handle has a rounded flared design offering superior grip and comfort. The shakehand style with the blue colored handle makes it a stylish table tennis paddle
- GIFT BOX – CASE INCLUDED – This racket ships in a gift box and comes with a free Butterfly Table Tennis Racket Case to protect the racket head from harmful elements
- PERFORMANCE RATINGS – Speed 80 – Spin 80 – Control – 70
The Butterfly 501 Table Tennis Racket is for people who want to play fast. It has a medium weight, but it still has power and touch.
Pan Asian is an entry-level rubber type. It isn’t quite as speedy and powerful as other types, but it has a lot of control. Pan Asian is used on many recreational rackets.
This is an easy gift for someone who plays table tennis. The set has everything that they need to get started and it comes in a nice box. It is approved by the ITTF so you know it’s good!
The Butterfly 401 and the Butterfly 501 are both great options for intermediate players. With that said, it comes down to personal preference, or what you’re looking for in a racquet. If your goal is more control over the ball with less power, then the 501 will be better suited for you. If you want a heavier racquet that has more power behind each swing, then go with the 401 because of its smaller head size! We look forward to hearing from anyone who’s interested in learning more about these two products by a comment on this page!
- Butterfly 302 vs Butterfly 401
- Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Evolution
- 5 Best Ping Pong Paddle for Beginner
- 5 Best Ping Pong Paddle for Intermediate Player
- 5 Best Ping Pong Paddles for Professional
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.