Which Butterfly racket should you choose? Butterfly has two models, Butterfly 302 and Butterfly 401. The Butterfly 302 is great for recreational players who are just starting to play table tennis or practice their skills. The Butterfly 401 is a more advanced model that’s designed for competitive use by intermediate to professional players.
For example, if you’re someone who plays at least once per week on average then the Butterfly 401 will serve your needs better than the Butterfly 302 because it provides greater power and spin potential with its higher-end design features. If you want to know more about these racquets, read this blog post!
Butterfly 302 vs Butterfly 401: Comparision Chart
Quick Rundown Of Butterfly 401
- Blade Construction: 5 Ply-Wood
- Handle: Flared - Concave At The Center - The Most Popular Style
- Rubber: Yuki - Sponge Thickness (mm): 2.1 & Rubber: Yuki Sponge Thickness (mm): 2.1
- Recommended For Beginning Level Players
- International Table Tennis Federation Approved
The Butterfly 401 paddle is for people who are not experts or are more advanced players. It has a five-ply blade with two pieces of rubber that are sticky on top. You can get lots of spins when you hit the ball because it is sticky.
The Butterfly 401 paddle is a good choice if you are looking for a slower paddle. The blade is made of five pieces of wood glued together.
You can put rubber bands onto your paddle to make it stick to the ball when you hit it. This will give you more spin which is good if you want to get a lot of speed on your shots.
Quick Rundown Of Butterfly 302
- BUTTERFLY 302 FL – This Butterfly ping pong paddle will give you just the right amount of spin and speed with control for beginner to intermediate ping pong players.
- GREAT RUBBER: This ITTF approved Butterfly table tennis racket offers inverted red and black Yuki 2.1mm rubbers providing a springy feel and extra sticky for spins to help you beat your ping pong opponent.
- ERGONOMIC GRIP – The ping pong paddle handle has a rounded flared design offering superior grip and comfort. The shakehand style with the white, grey, and red colored handle makes it a stylish table tennis paddle.
- GIFT BOX – CASE INCLUDED – This table tennis racket ships in a gift box and comes with a free ping pong paddle case to protect the rubber prolong the life or your table tennis racket.
- TOURNAMENT APPROVED – This ping pong racket is for those wanting to hit hard shots with spin and is International Table Tennis Federation - ITTF approved for tournaments.
Butterfly 302 will give you just the right amount of spin and speed with control for beginner to intermediate players.
Decent rubber with not much spin, light, around 1.8mm or sponge. Control biased to help you get shots in. Good for accurate play – drives, pushing, smashing. Once you get to the point of topspin loops then it is time to upgrade.
Butterfly 302 is for people who want to hit hard shots with spin. The ITTF approved this racket for tournaments.
Our conclusion: The Butterfly 302 is a good model for recreational players who are just starting to play table tennis. The Butterfly 401 is more advanced and designed for competitive players, which includes intermediate players.
- Butterfly 401 vs Stiga Pro Carbon
- 10 Best Ping Pong Paddle for Beginner & Intermediate Player
- 5 Best Ping Pong Paddles for Professional
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.