Wang Hao was ranked #1 on the official ITTF world rankings for 27 consecutive months, from October 2007 to December 2009. He is known to execute the Reverse Penhold Backhand (RPB) with exceptional skill.
During his career, he has appeared twelve times in major world competition finals, which is a record. In men’s singles, he has won the Asian Championship, Asian Cup, Asian Games, and Chinese National Games at least once.
Wang Hao retired from the national team by the end of 2014.
Wang Hao Information:
- Native name: 王皓
- Family name: Wang
- Nationality: Chinese
- Born: December 15, 1983, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
- Playing-style: Offensive Penholder
- Highest Ranking: #1
- Height: 5 ft 9 in
- Weight: 154 lbs
Wang Hao Playing Style
Wang Hao uses a penhold grip. He is representative of a new wave of penhold players, having good attacking and defensive skills off both wings of the table. The greater freedom of the wrist involved in a penhold grip allows Wang Hao to generate large amounts of spin on the forehand side.
Compared to most pen-hold players on the professional circuit, Wang Hao uses the reverse-side for almost all shots on the backhand side, with the small exception of balls placed very slow and short within the table during serves. This style of using the reverse-side exclusively for the backhand was considered to be improper, and when he first joined the national team most players did not think highly of him.
Wang Hao Highlights
Wang Hao Titles
|Olympic Games||Team||2||2008, 2012|
|World Championships||Double||2||2005, 2009|
|World Championships||Team||5||2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014|
|World Cup||Single||3||2007, 2008, 2010|
|World Cup||Team||4||2007, 2010, 2011, 2013|
|Asian Championships||Single||2||2003, 2007|
|Asian Championships||Team||3||2003, 2005, 2007|
|Asian Cup||Single||2||2005, 2006|
Wang Hao Equipment
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao 3 (N656)
- DHS NEO HURRICANE-HAO 656 Table Tennis Blade designed for World Champion Wang Hao
- Balance Point: 121 mm / Bounce Height: 206 mm
- Fitted Play: Quick-attack with loop
- A Mixture of Swift and FierceA Mixture of Swift and Fierce
- Highly recommended for top players
Forehand: DHS Neo Skyline III Blue Sponge
No products found.
Backhand: Butterfly Sriver top sheet on Bryce sponge
- Butterfly's most successful rubber since its introduction in 1967
- Over the years, more than 20 World & 70 European titles have been won with Sriver rubber
- A hard & tacky surface and medium hard yet flexible sponge makes it the best choice for all-round attackers
- Pairs well with Petr Korbel, Boll Offensive, SK Carbon, Balsa Carbo X5, Maze Magic, and other Butterfly blades
- Butterfly Free Chack table tennis glue recommended when assembling Butterfly table tennis rubbers on your blade
Ping Pong Start is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small Affiliate Commission. As Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.